Chasing Fall Chinook.... YAWN!!

A
alm21
Maybe I'm just adding to the mounting boring droll around here but then again, I haven't been running into conflict on the rivers or grappling with moral and ethical dilemmas while angling but rather embracing the good times with great people and strong fish as a brief escape from a stressful career and the realities of aging parents. So here's a glimpse into one of those days...

We went 2-4. My buddy Bartek 2-2 and me 0-2. Just how it goes sometimes. One of Bartek's fish was a dark hen which was released. This was my buddy's first fall fish of the year. I didn't edit the fight footage down to shorten the video because I knew my buddy would like to be able to watch it in its' entirety. Big thanks to guide, Alan Goering, for another great time on the water!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice report! That was good looking chromer!

bass
bass
Great job!

E
eugene1
Nice, forum is getting back to basics now!!

Any reason you lost those two fish and how long were the lost ones hooked up for?

F
fishindude
Nice video. Thanks for sharing!!

T
troutmasta
Love the vid!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

R
rippin fish lips
nice Chromer that is bout ta burst! Good eggs! Good video to!

A
alm21
Thanks guys. I lost my first fish at the boat due to a mistake on my part. After working the fish for a while, I was lifting when the fish was diving and my thumb hit the line as I lifted which popped the hook. Here's the evidence of my error. Hard to watch.

We were on the anchor in the hole and managed to get the first to fish to the boat. My second fish was bigger and got into the fast water chute and peeled a lot of line out. By the time we decided to pull anchor and chase it (we didn't want to lose our spot in the hole), a lot of line was out and something funky happened with the drag, felt like buried in the spool or something and it just stopped at which point, it popped out. I have a vid of that too but it's not very telling.

E
eugene1
That's a tough loss alm! I've been there and done that, these days I'd pull anchor and drift with the fish, that way it has less current to use against you.

Top Bottom