Caught a decent little Cutty yesterday

T
TTFishon
I Grade said:
Eating panther caps isn't usually fatal, but you don't typically repeat the experience either.... Not the happy smiley shroom buzz that you get from psilocybes. More of a dissociative trip. For the record...I won't eat any mushrooms I pick in the wild. Not a fun way to die, or so I have been told.

I couldn't tell you how many wild mushroom I've eaten. I've probably eaten a pound or two a year for the last 20 years or so.

I
I Grade
TTFishon said:
I couldn't tell you how many wild mushroom I've eaten. I've probably eaten a pound or two a year for the last 20 years or so.

You probably know what you are looking for. I only know what the "fun" ones look like, and I don't eat them anymore.

T
TTFishon
I Grade said:
You probably know what you are looking for. I only know what the "fun" ones look like, and I don't eat them anymore.

Yeah, I used to pick chanterelles for money. Now I pick them for pleasure.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Sinkline said:
Nice TT, thanks for posting!

You can get killed picking mushrooms these days! Ever run into those gangs of mushroom pickers picking for market? Those gangs are very territorial!

I haven't yet but I have come accross some shady characters while out picking. I can see why some people would be territorial. I have a friend that averages a thousand dollars a week during chanterelle season. That's a lot of change.

X
xacex
This year I didn't have any luck with the morel's. I usually pick enough to dry and last through the year, but time is not on my side these days.
I have Amanita dried in the closet for pest control. Dried mushroom powder in a container of milk wipes out flies. Don't leave it where kids or cats can get to it.
Ive had some scary moments out in the woods over the last few years. There are more than bears to worry about now. A pack pistol is always advisable up here in the coast range these days unfortunately.
What a nice spot that is. The pictures remind me of southern Idaho where I spent a portion of my childhood. Water was so clear you can see the fish in 10 feet of water!

T
the_intimidator03
TT you can bet im ready for this weekend. Should be good fishing... just going to have to see how the weather holds up. better get fresh batteries too for the camera.

T
TTFishon
xacex said:
This year I didn't have any luck with the morel's. I usually pick enough to dry and last through the year, but time is not on my side these days.
I have Amanita dried in the closet for pest control. Dried mushroom powder in a container of milk wipes out flies. Don't leave it where kids or cats can get to it.
Ive had some scary moments out in the woods over the last few years. There are more than bears to worry about now. A pack pistol is always advisable up here in the coast range these days unfortunately.
What a nice spot that is. The pictures remind me of southern Idaho where I spent a portion of my childhood. Water was so clear you can see the fish in 10 feet of water!

I found a couple of morels at the spillway at Crane Prairie and the false morels(that are still edible) along the highway near the Santiam R. and that's it for this year but I didn't look that hard either. I'd never keep a poisonous mushroom at my house for fear of poisoning my cat or dog. It's not worth the risk to me.

T
TTFishon
the_intimidator03 said:
TT you can bet im ready for this weekend. Should be good fishing... just going to have to see how the weather holds up. better get fresh batteries too for the camera.

I looked at the ten day forecast for Diamond Lk and it's suppose to be nice. Of course that can change. lol