Catfish in the Rogue River?

D
David Shurr
Hey,

I found a dead 10" Catfish in our irrigation ditch today. I suspect it died when I shut the water flow off. The irrigation district get it's water supply directly from the Rogue River above Touvelle Park and below Dodge Bridge Is it possible there is Catfish in the river?

brandon4455
brandon4455
im sure there are a few,i saw a picture of a carp out of the rogue last year,when the water gets high they get washed in from ponds.

G
gbombs
Carp I hear about all the time near whitehorse but have never heard of catfish... But it wouldnt surprise me, Ive caught a bluegill looking thing near matson before.

W
willierower
When I was a kid which is a very long time ago. We would fish a spot just below Tuvelle boat ramp on the south side of the river and sack up 50 or more very nice cats a night. Plus there were lots of cats in Kellys Slew before they took Gold Rey Dam out.

T
timberman
You sparked my memory cells. Back in the early 60's we'd do the same at Tou Velle, as the cats were plentiful.

B
BRS
In winter high water times, we used to fish the boat launch at Griffin Park for catfish and do quite well.