Catfish in Northwest Oregon

B
burlajohnny
Hey do any of you know some catfish in spots? Are there even any catfish in Northwest Oregon? Thanks

M
montym
Johnny, Google up and search this forum, and you'll find a lots of information. I am not into cats at all, but I remember seeing reports here about cats being caught in Hagg lake and a few other places as well.

Cheers
M

B
burlajohnny
montym said:
Johnny, Google up and search this forum, and you'll find a lots of information. I am not into cats at all, but I remember seeing reports here about cats being caught in Hagg lake and a few other places as well.

Cheers
M
Ok i will see

T
troutmasta
Walter Wirth Lake in Salem,
Loaded with them, Use nightcrawlers at night-

Tualitan river- State record white catfish

B
burlajohnny
troutmasta said:
Walter Wirth Lake in Salem,
Loaded with them, Use nightcrawlers at night-

Tualitan river- State record white catfish
Thank you troutmasta!

S
Seahawkfan
Bethany pond by rock creek also has a fair amount.

B
bagold53
Seahawkfan said:
Bethany pond by rock creek also has a fair amount.

Heard stink bait and Flood conditions are best for Cats in Bethany

D
DrTheopolis
The Willamette in Portland is straight up loaded with them.

Saw a guy pull in an enormous one at Kelley Point a couple of years ago.

S
sapo
Ya, like DrTheopolis said, the Willamette has a ton. Hagg has some, but in all my years of fishing there have never caught one. Tualatin river has some. Progress lake in tigard has some good 6" bullhead fishing at night, be sure you have a lot of night crawlers...There are a ton of places around her that have catfish.

F
FishOn420
burlajohnny said:
Hey do any of you know some catfish in spots? Are there even any catfish in Northwest oregon? Thanks

I have had amazing luck on Sauvie Island fishing the Multnomah Channel. I have yet to get skunked fishing there. I normally go at night time and use night crawlers. I average about 6 catfish every time and they are about a foot long for the most part. Sometimes bigger sometimes smaller.

Snake River
Snake River
I was born and raised in Portland and I fished behind the Oaks Park back in the early 60s lots a catfish even channel cats in the main river and that was many years ago before they put a lot of the dams in the Columbia in the spring it used to have high water which would back up into Portland area in flood of lagoons this is where a lot of the catfish went to spawn in the course so did many other fish when the eggs hatched all those little fish would come out through the culverts from the lagoons into the main river this is where we caught tons of panfish I'm sure it's still available yet today I have not finished in that area for many years.