Carp outta Willamette (off bank @ Minto Brown in Salem)

S
Symphonyx87
Caught this little guy this afternoon, pretty sure it's a carp with it's big ol' sucker mouth and nasty green-yellow color. It didn't put up much of a fight. Using worm & hook! Anyone know any other spots near Salem that hold these guys?

image_25447.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M
Modest_Man
That is (or was) a largescale sucker. A nice native Willamette fish.

S
Symphonyx87
Should this thread be moved/removed?

troutdude
troutdude
Definitely NOT a carp. Here is a carp:

carp.jpg

!

M
MikePierce170
troutdude said:
Definitely NOT a carp. Here is a carp:

!

troutdude, that actually looks like a Grass Carp and is technically unlawful to even target. Symphonyx87, if you're not sure what a Common Carp looks like just take a peak at http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/. This guy likes to take lots of pictures of these ugly fish :D

troutdude
troutdude
I didn't say it was a legal fish to catch. It was JUST a pic, to show him that he didn't have a carp. But that aside; I'm not so sure that it is illegal to target/harvest Grass Carp in all Oregon water bodies. At least, I can't find any such information in the regs.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
troutdude said:
I didn't say it was a legal fish to catch. It was JUST a pic, to show him that he didn't have a carp. But that aside; I'm not so sure that it is illegal to target/harvest Grass Carp in all Oregon water bodies. At least, I can't find any such information in the regs.

Only in some waters - like Devil's Lake in Lincoln City. Which seems odd, as they supposedly overpopulated - the "sterile" grass carp weren't so sterile, and reproduced.

troutdude
troutdude
GungasUncle said:
Only in some waters - like Devil's Lake in Lincoln City. Which seems odd, as they supposedly overpopulated - the "sterile" grass carp weren't so sterile, and reproduced.

Yep; exactly. We really SHOULD be allowed, IMO, to target those carp in D Lake.