Camping

T
troutmasta
Going to go camping again this weekend near Lost Lake (Clatsop County). The campground is right at the bottom of the dirt road OFF mile marker on Hwy 26. Its called Henry Spruce Run Campgound.

Awesome fishing up at the lake right now gonna take the canoe.

There is 5 tent only sites RIGHT ON the Nehalem gonna try to snag one of those. Anyone is invited down the sites are non-reservable so Ive never seen them fill up because no one wants to risk it (ironic). Anyway always plenty of room, cold beer, and ___________(whatever you bring).

Let me know gonna be in the mid 90's in the city-

Later,
TM

C
C Goggles
Hi there..... I'm new to the OFF forum. It looks like I'll just miss you TM. I'm going to head over there early next week with the family. I took my boys ( ages 4 & 6 ) there in mid march. It was our first time there, and we had a blast. It was my 4 y/o first time catching trout..... My 6 y/o out fished both of us :). We caught a handful of small stockers trolling lures around and plunking PB when my arms got tired. I'd love to hear a report on how the fishing is..... Any tips on enticing the bigger ones to bite would be much appreciated too....we've never caught a true fatty.
Thanks, have a great time!

T
troutmasta
Its a great lake, sometime during mid spring they stock the bejeezez out of it with mid sized stockers and it always has some brooders and recycled stealhead cruising around. I would recommend a kast master or lil cleo spoon maybe a spinner like a blue fox, Ive been sucessfull in the past using a steelhead setup with a sand shrimp under a bobbber. I used to have a 2 rod permit so I would fish trout on one and big guys on the other. As far as the stockers go throw a couple chartruese power eggs w/glitter (I call them stripper eggs cause they leave glitter all over you) on a light 24"-36" leader with a small 12, or 14 single egg hook and a 1/4-1/2 oz of weight. If youre fishing OFF the bottom I wouldnt move it around to much after its on the bottom as there is a lot of snags out there. Good Luck. I may stay till monday night, Green Land rover with a fish and a mountain in the window.
Welcome to the best forum online!
Tight Lines-
TM

C
C Goggles
Wow...thanks for the great info. "Stripper eggs".... Hilarious! We're shooting for Monday night, but more likely early Tuesday morning. I'll keep an eye out for ya. I'm in a white Toyota with a pop-up tent camper.... I'll be rowing around the lake in an inflatable with a couple little toe-heads....:).

T
troutmasta
My buddy got this 2 days ago up there on "stripper eggs" from the bank. Im not leaving till tomorrow but will be there till Mon night.
Maybe I'll see you!
TM

Last edited by a moderator:
bass
bass
Wow that is a big fish! I heard you need to have the right kind of pole to get the stripper eggs to work :)

Good luck and have fun camping TM.