Buzz Ramsey's ideas of how to save the Big C nooks

troutdude
troutdude

Source: Salmon Trout Steelheader magazine / Facebook page

Reactions: Davpot, Markk and O. mykiss
jamisonace
jamisonace
Replace with nuclear. We are so stupid for keeping those dams and not going to nuclear. The French nuclear model is clean and safe. The reactor on the Rhine might not have been put in the best place but it's better than a giant dam.

Buzz is a common sense guy that doesn't appear to have any agenda apart from saving salmon.

I'm with Buzz.

Reactions: troutdude and O. mykiss
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
I studied the removal of the snake river dams extensively while I was studying fisheries and wildlife at OSU. I specialized in freshwater habitat restoration and the removal of the 4 lower snake river dams would likely make the largest contribution to salmon recovery. Hatchery production and success has dropped off, we have poured billions into fish passage and habitat restoration with little to no significant gains. It’s time to draw a hard line and us as anglers and conservationist need to make a stand and demand that these dams are removed. Several stocks have gone extinct and many others are on the verge of never returning. Now is our last chance. Let’s all take the time and email our senators and congressman.

Reactions: troutdude, rogerdodger and jamisonace
hobster
hobster
I am with you guys but I just don’t see them removing the dams. Logistically it would be so hard and financially transferring to nuclear power just doesn’t seem like it’s gonna happen anytime soon, if ever. Not while I’m alive anyway

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
hobster said:
I am with you guys but I just don’t see them removing the dams. Logistically it would be so hard and financially transferring to nuclear power just doesn’t seem like it’s gonna happen anytime soon, if ever. Not while I’m alive anyway
Those dams are old and the power generating capabilities aren’t that great. With wind power and upcoming tidal energy production, those dams power granting capabilities have been replaced. Tom put it into perspective how obsolete they are, the 4 lower snake dams produce an average of 933 megawatts of power. Bonneville dam alone produces 5 billion kWh of power.

Reactions: troutdude and rogerdodger
D
Davpot
troutdude said:

Source: Salmon Trout Steelheader magazine / Facebook page
Im with Buzz! Hope he addresses the HOT water in the lower Columbia? Thanx fir a positive take!!

Reactions: troutdude and O. mykiss