Buena Vista boat ramp upgrades/closure FYI

C_Run
C_Run
Polk County Press Release - April 21st, 2022
Press Release
The construction for the Buena Vista Park & Boat Launch will be starting in May 2022. The park and boat launch will be closed from 5/23/2022 - 9/30/2022 with no option to put in or pull out any motorized or non-motorized water crafts.
Polk County was awarded approximately $1.6 million in grants to fund this project. The work being completed includes repairs to the lower parking area, realignment of the boat launch, the addition of a second bathroom facility, and the addition of a floating dock.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however, we are very excited to see these much needed repairs and updates coming to the Buena Vista Park.

Reactions: rogerdodger and Admin
E
Eazy-E
wow i bank fish at that park all the time, thank you for posting this.

troutdude
troutdude
Good lookin' out @C_Run.

Hard to believe that it'll take FOUR months to do that work though. Sheesh.

Reactions: C_Run
C_Run
C_Run
It's pretty major. They bought some land next to the park to expand and the whole ramp is going to be reconfigured.

• Wow
Reactions: troutdude
jamisonace
jamisonace
@C_Run We've talked about fishing from the freeway to Buena Vista. I guess we'll have to put it off another year. That would make about what? 10 years we've put it off? LOL

• Haha
C_Run
C_Run
Fishing seems like a distant memory anymore.

E
Eazy-E
did some fishing down the road from beuna vista last night, so I stopped by the park on my way home. water was super high but took a current pic of the ramp anyways:

D
DG1959
The river is running super high right now.

E
Eazy-E
it bumped up quite a bit, I went there yesterday and the rivers all the way up in the parking lot!

Top Bottom