Brrr... its cold

T
Troutier Bassier
You have never fallen through thin ice before. have you?

P
plumb2fish
fishtales said:
Does anyone know a good way to insulate an exterior hose spigot? My dog ate though two of the foam ones. They are not expensive. I am getting tired of buying them.

The most important thing is to disconnect the hose and keep the wind off. If the plumbing is 60's or newer there is a good chance that you have a freeze resistant faucet (frost free hose bib)and the actual water shuts off inside the wall or in the insulation under the house.IF not old towel with plastic bag works in a pinch.

F
FishSchooler
DSC_0609.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

VERY thick ice! I was jumping around like crazy on it. It's around 3.5 in thick im guessing

O
Outdoor_Myers
I wouldn't trust the ice, I was ice fishing a few years back and the whole pond cracked, my two friends made it off me being the lightest i went for the tackle and our blue gills and the couple catfish that we had on the ice. I managed to get all the gear and fish off the ice right as i went to get off the block I was on began to slide under another block. Well i made a jump for it and got my legs soak n wet! burrr it was cold but at least no one was sucked under and didn't have to replace expensive ice fishing gear lol. ever since then I wont go on ice unless I drill and it is at least 6" even then I will feel unsafe I like to wait for 8 to 10 inches of ice, but not sure if Oregon stays that cold for ponds to get that thick?