Brownlee waking up

C
Crappie Chaser
With the warming weather fishing is starting to perk up on Brownlee. The best news is that the Corp of Engineers plans to keep the reservoir at a stable level through the spring runoff. Bass fishing is picking up and some big crappie are also being caught. Not wide open fishing by any means but at least there is some action taking place. The best is still yet to come but with the stable water it's shaping up to be a good spring!

B
billfisher
Thanks for the update. Its nice to get one from over there. Havent been there for a few years but it always has good memories. Looking forward to more reports and pictures! :pray:

H
Hawk
Good to know bro......Thank you.

Have a beautiful day...:cool::D

G
gkrupp
Thanks for the update CC..We are headed over the 17-19 of May...havnt been over for a couple years...can't wait to see if its as good as I remember!! Keep the reports coming!

C
Crappie Chaser
I'm getting a few encouraging reports but there's still not many fishing. Bass has been good and a few cats have been caught. Crappie are still here today gone tomorrow. A friend got into them near Swede's a few weeks ago. He kept 44 over 10" and released several. The next day he caught 2. The next day nothing. Biggest went 14.5" and really thick across the back. I don't expect the big catches of the 2007 through 2010 seasons but there will be some really nice crappie caught this season.

C
Crappie Chaser
Pretty good perch fishing over the weekend from shore at Hewitt Park. About a dozen boats out, mostly bass fishermen. I plan to get my boat wet this week and will give a report on what I find.

C
Crappie Chaser
Got on the water Friday. Surface water temp of 53 in the morning warming to 58 by the afternoon. We had pretty good bass fishing working the shoreline in 7-12' of water. Didn't find any crappie or meter any where I expected to. There are some crappie being caught but not consistently yet. Night fishers are catching some fishing deep.

C
Crappie Chaser
We really got on the perch today. I had 2 clients from Moses Lake for the weekend. Saturday we put 60 perch in the box in the morning. The wind came up and shut down the bite so we went out on the Snake for smallmouth. Bobber fished the shoreline with wild turkey jigs and landed 7 nice bass. Tough fishing in the wind. Today was calm and just a beautiful day. In 4 1/2 hours we caught 171 perch. They ranged from 6" to 13". We had 45 real solid keepers in the 10"-13" range. After 2 1/2 hours of filleting I sent them on their way with a plie of perch fillets. I have this coming week open until Friday if anyone's interested.

• ice chest.JPG
  • 2 fish.JPG
  • tray.JPG
  • mt..JPG
J
JeannaJigs
Wow that's a pile of perch!

A
alaska
Heading over to Brownlee for the weekend to chase bass and catfish. Any suggestions/recent reports? I'm trying to decide between around the cemetery or down around Woodhead park/Brownlee Creek? I'll gladly post a report when we get back.

Thanks for any info!

H
Hawk
Nice mess of perch CC......

Well Done.

C
Crappie Chaser
The crappie turned on pretty good today.

C
Crappie Chaser
If anyone wants to get some of these slabs ( and bass) give me a call. I have open days this coming week and the fish are really turning on.