Brownlee Res

F
fenderbender
Has anyone been fishing Brownlee yet this year? We are going over on June 18th with a group. Should be a lot of fun. Please let me know how the fishing has been. Thanks,, Bender

H
Hawk
I think CrappieChaser is a guide over at Brownlee. He wood be one person to ask Bro......................:D:D:D

Happy fishin'.....................:cool::cool:

F
fenderbender
Hawk, How do I contact crappie chaser? I have read many of your replies and appreciate all of them. I am from the Stockton area also, like most of us Oregonians. I have been here for 27 years, and love it. I still have a lot of fam down in that area and fish it whenever possible. Thanks again, See ya, Bender

H
Hawk
fenderbender said:
Hawk, How do I contact crappie chaser? I have read many of your replies and appreciate all of them. I am from the Stockton area also, like most of us Oregonians. I have been here for 27 years, and love it. I still have a lot of fam down in that area and fish it whenever possible. Thanks again, See ya, Bender

Howdy Brother Bender........................:D..................Thankyou fer the kind words.

Brother crappie chaser was posting heer sometimes. I haven't seen any of his posts lately. Maybe u kin search his name & send him a private message.

Sometimes i see his posts on ifish in the bass & panfish forum. Sister Dodie goes to Brownlee too.

One of my favorite fishin holes by Stockton is Lake Camanche south shore. we camped, c&r many bass thar.......................:lol::lol:

Long ago fer several lustrums we lived around the Monterey/Marina/Prunedale/Salinas area

Have a Great Day.........................:D:D

J
joesnuffy
I've heard that the bite is not that great over in Browlee right now. People have been catching Oxbow though.

W
Webwader
joesnuffy said:
I've heard that the bite is not that great over in Browlee right now. People have been catching Oxbow though.
Just got back from Brownlee. Got there Monday afternoon and fished for about three hours in the late afternoon. My wife, son and I C&R 305 crappie that day. We went out Tuesday morning and got blown off about 11 AM by gale force winds. Went back out about 5 PM for a few hours. We only C&R 279 that day. On Wednesday morning we were out for about four hours and caught 168 and kept 45. I wonder what it is like when the fishing is hot? :shock:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Rubber arms...

Rubber arms...

Webwader said:
Just got back from Brownlee. Got there Monday afternoon and fished for about three hours in the late afternoon. My wife, son and I C&R 305 crappie that day. We went out Tuesday morning and got blown off about 11 AM by gale force winds. Went back out about 5 PM for a few hours. We only C&R 279 that day. On Wednesday morning we were out for about four hours and caught 168 and kept 45. I wonder what it is like when the fishing is hot? :shock:

Webwader;
Talk about an encouraging report!! After all of that,can you still raise your arms? Sounds like quite a workout. Thanks for the report.
Be safe.
Barb

W
Webwader
Unfortunately, the crappie are not real big at the moment. Most of them are in the 8-9" range. We did catch several 9 1/2" and my big one was a 10 1/8". I hope they grow a lot before we make our fall trip. A couple of my fishing partners and I are going to Brownlee in June and we also plan on fishing Oxbow and Hells Canyon. I'll report back after the trip.

K
Kmtosolid
Webwader or anyone,
Going to Farwell Bend campground in a couple days for the first time with my 6 and 8 year old boys. Any tips or areas to fish you can give me before i head out that way. looking for Crappie or Bass?
thanks all
Kevin

C
Coastaldweller
Ill be In the Baker City area June 4-7th. Ill update where im staying/fishing if anyone would like a beer or two at camp or would lke to join us on the water. I have never fished the area, i am very excited to check it out.

R
Reed
I'm planning a trip over in June or July (not 4th) for a few days of fishin fun, I'm thinkin Woodhead Park for a starting point. So far it's just me, the puppie w/camper & boat.

D
Drew9870
I miss catching the bucket loads of 16-18 inch Crappie out of Brownlee, my grandpa wouldn't even keep anything under 10 inches, we would use the jig he makes called a boogie bug, it replicates the no longer made Lisk Lure Little Skunk. Once in awhile you get the occasional 14 inch Yellow Perch, awesome fish for eating.

We used to use Rebel brand Crawdad crankbaits for the 3-4lb channel cats out a few dozen yards off a rock wall, they were jumping all around for what we figured to be minnows.

T
tweav
Drew,

Go to Notheadtackle.com, they have the orginal Little Skunk in 11 color combinations. Contact them, they have some dealers that sell on the line. Check them out.

F
FlameX40
It was really a nice place to be...

T
TTFishon
Anatoliy said:

I clicked on your link but didn't open the file because my computer said it might be a threat.

C
cowboysfan
Webwader said:

Holy carp! that is insane I have never heard of action like that, sounds like an absolute blast!