Brown trout anyone?

F
firepilot
I fish the first stretch coming out of the base of the dam. From the dam down 4-5 miles is where the action is. Very cold water right out of the botttom of the res. Need to wear waders but is a great tailwater fishery. Google Boise flyshops for accurate fishing reports. Lots of Idaho plates out there. I work in Idaho most of the summer and it is about 20 min off my route on the way to and from work. From Bend it about 200 miles or so. One more cool thing is even though Browns are catch and release you can use bait as well. I have a picture of my 7 year old son with a 20" brown we caught on a ultra light spin rod and worm! I am not sure who has a bigger grin.

P
pdx89
beaverfan said:
Ya they're very common in Europe and the East Coast of the U.S. I think I even read an article about them being in California somewhere. Here's some pics I found on Google.

I believe i have either seen an article about(with) the first picture or something of that nature, maybe even in the oregonian.. but that pic i have seen before with an article about fishing in the S Amarica, mostly Argintina.

P
pdx89
bigfootfish said:
Atlantic Salmon don't get that big! They have 'em in East Lake, I've caught dozens of them trolling Ford Fenders, half brass half silver blades, using a snubber ahead of the hook. Of course, AS could get bigger elsewhere. Still a beautiful fish!

BFF

Ha, never compare a fish thats supposed to swin free in the ocean to a one thats land-locked;) fish that are trapped dont get to the fully potential. and Yes they to grow pretty big in other parts of the world

P
pdx89
And about the brown.. i can tell you that i have found that each lakes fish react diffrent to diffrent lures... usually trial and error and then stick with those lures. on one lake i used a wolly bugger with a bobber, on the other lake a have caought browns mostly on buzz bombs, and in both lakes Kastmasters caught me fish. i used the smaller to medium buzz bombs line/green, and orange. for kastmasters chrome and red-sided.
try night crawlers