Broken rods, nutria and doubles

T
tomriker
It's been a very busy fall a work this year, but I've been lucky enough to go out a couple times. Here's a few of the fishes we caught.
Ryan snapped his rod setting the hook on this monster...

But I hear he knows a guy who can build him a new one.
Ryan's son got into a few too, he's getting good with a baitcasters!

Then Isaiah shot his first nutria!

Then the sun went down

Almost look Crome

Then another day I went out for an hour or 2 with bassdad. Only had a few fish but this one SWALLOWED my 8" frog

Another one of those pesky 4 pounders

And finally the double

Sure they were dinks.. But whatever! That day I had the double I was slumming it as I call it from the shore. I cast 20 times and caught 21 fish nothing of size really but it was pretty fun. Eventually I was trying to see if I could NOT catch a fish! I went out again lastnight and only caught 12, starting to slow down

Reactions: bass
bass
Wow, thanks for sharing. Those are some great pics. Feels good to see that nice sunny weather on a day like today. I think my favorite is the bass that completely swallowed that frog!

S
Spydeyrch
Nice pics there!! What did you guys get the nutria with?

-Spydey

S
steelhead_slayer
you guys are some bass catching fools

F
Finneus Polebender
Great stuff guys, Way to slay the ditch pickles !

T
TTFishon
Looks like another great day on the water. Nice job guys!!! Was that Isaiah's first kill?

D
dtikey
looks fun guys right on way to get after them

S
sherman
Great pics Chris. That sun set on Bastopia was great.

J
JeannaJigs
Dang that beast that broke the rod was...beastly lol

Looks like a great time! I want to get out there again sometime next spring maybe? You ruined me...I can't bass fish public waters now

T
tomriker
Dang that beast that broke the rod was...beastly lol

Looks like a great time! I want to get out there again sometime next spring maybe? You ruined me...I can't bass fish public waters now

Sometimes Ryan likes to set the hook a little hard... It's a good thing we aren't fishing for trout or there'd be a lot of lipless trout yesterday when I was slummin it from the shore I set te hook and the poor little guy came flyin out of water and landed on the shore! Aren't you busy catching those dirty river fish in the spring? I hear my place has a tendency to ruin public water fishing a lot

J
JeannaJigs
I'm busy catching "dirty river fish" all year can get away for some bass, maybe. See I'm even calling them bass in place of ditch pickle, that's called improvement.

Last edited:
T
tomriker
I might have a few 1000 extra pounds of pumpkin seeds for ya too

J
JeannaJigs
I might have a few 1000 extra pounds of pumpkin seeds for ya too

Hahaha I bought ten pumpkins this year just to harvest the seeds! What a pain in the rear that was! Love me some pumpkin seeds though