Bowers rock

B
bassassain
so me and buddy wanted to do some bass fishing tomorrow in the Corvallis Albany area and ive bass fished bowers rock 2 years ago and killed it the fishing was amazing. i never had a problem with the residence being angry for me walking down the road. then i heard it was closed then reopened and now google says permanently closed. so if any one can verify one or the other that would be great were else is bass fishing good. Waverly?

G
Green Punkin
Waverly has some decent bass fishing and can provide a lot of fun with panfish because lets be honest, who doesn't take it out on the bluegill when the bass aren't biting? I recently saw some hawg largemouth in waverly but they can be a little hard to locate, at least for me. There is a lack of a lot of traditional bass cover there so it can be hit or miss and the lake tends to be a little higher pressure. It's obligatory that I mention Simpson park (first and second lake) which has some large fish in it, but can be a chore to fish and again, higher pressure. Same with the pond just east of corvallis, there is some decent access there for those who can trek around a bit but again, this spot is higher pressure, and the fish are gigantic but spooky. Freeway lakes in Albany is reportedly good for bass but I haven't tried it and I'm sure it fits the Albany/Corvallis decent but high pressure bass fishing mold like most of the others. Smallmouth can be found on the Mary's, Willamette and Calapooia, and I do consistently well for them fishing green pumpkin tube jigs, especially in the neighborhood of Kiger Island south of corvallis. Shoot me a pm and maybe we can do some bass fishin here soon, as I'm in corvallis and work in Albany. Also, welcome to the forum :thumb:

B
bassassain
well drove out to bowers thats a no go its all private property to get back in there next time i might just knock on some doors and see if i can get permission to hike back there. so i fished free way lakes and it wasn't very good i fished what i thing was the 1st pond we fished for about 2 hours looking for some bass or bluegill but the only thing we caught was little black crappie couldnt even get the gills to take worm i was pretty ashamed of my self. so its off for salmon tomorrow

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Wow. Pretty cool they could use public money to acquire that property.

B
bassassain
so upon doing some research i found a article saying the state has the right to the road to access the public park the only issue is theres no parking. imma call ODFW in the morning and ask about it ill keep ya posted.

G
Green Punkin
Pretty cool that everyone and their mother is an inconsiderate litterbug turd, and consequently most private land owners are stingy, unsympathetic jerks. Not anyone here of course, just in general. Sooo much good fishing water in oregon that is private and totally un fished because a huge demographic of fishermen have proven themselves to be slobs.

B
bassassain
exactly! bad people ruin good places for good people to use its irritating selfish people don't think about their actions and how there going to affect others. But on another not i read your last post green pumpkin a little more closely and noticed you mentioned kiger island. have you fishing that recently really thing about hitting that up targeting large mouth as ive never fished for smallies and am clueless what to use.

G
Green Punkin
I know largemouth are there, i have not caught them

B
bassassain
hit up kiger island today me and buddy hiked down under the main bridge and noticed the water levels seemed really low fished for second saw one carp maybe 10lbs. clueless as of where to go at kiger it all seemed to be private.:sad:

G
Green Punkin
there are largemouth under there sometimes. id have to show u the good spot