Bought my new float rod

T
TimberTodd
After going back and forth comparing and handling several float rods I made my purchase. I picked up a 10'6" Okuma SST from Fishermans Marine. It was on sale for $49.99. It felt right in my hand and in my gut. The money saved can go towards a handful of new jigs. Again thanks for everyones input on my previous post. Now to take the skunk off of it.
Todd
 
C
ChezJfrey
TimberTodd said:
After going back and forth comparing and handling several float rods I made my purchase. I picked up a 10'6" Okuma SST from Fishermans Marine. It was on sale for $49.99. It felt right in my hand and in my gut. The money saved can go towards a handful of new jigs. Again thanks for everyones input on my previous post. Now to take the skunk off of it.
Todd

Ha! I just went in there today and saw that same price...mulled over and over in my mind, "Hmmmm, great price, what do I need to add to my collection even though I don't really have a gap at the moment...got the float, drift, fly, spinner and spoon casting arsenal fairly covered?" And came up with no good reason to buy one, despite that alluring price. What is wrong with me? LOL

Good fishing, I like the feel of my SST.
 
R
RunWithSasquatch
Wow dude, awesome price. Im gonna say that'd be hard to beat for value and actual price paid. Sweet deal! I was in Cabelas today lookin around.... didn't get out with out droppin $100...
 
troutdude
troutdude
RunWithSasquatch said:
Wow dude, awesome price. Im gonna say that'd be hard to beat for value and actual price paid. Sweet deal!

X 2. Nicely done Jedi! Your new light sabre is a great choice--and great value--for your spent fishing credits!
 
T
TimberTodd
I just caught the 7 day forcast. Looks like some rain to raise the rivers a little. I might have to take a day or 2 off the middle to end of next week and try the new rod out.
Todd
 
R
rippin fish lips
yeah i can't wait for the rain! so many more newer/better holes open up.
 
A
alseaalumaweld
all this rod talk i need to order a new one asap
 
R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
all this rod talk i need to order a new one asap

I tried not to look at the rods while I was in Eugene today... didn't want to go there.
 
A
alseaalumaweld
they dotn got anything there anyways and over priced. jerry at fishermans corner is where i order all mine. i need to order up 2 more float rods before winter
 
V
vanbrunt
I just bought the same one yesterday from Fisherman's! Couldn't pass it up for only $50. I have another sst for a level wind at 8'6" for drifting. I love that one so it gave me to confidence to get another. Good luck out there!
 

Similar threads

jamisonace
Replies
16
Views
1K
Artwo
Artwo
bass
Replies
7
Views
1K
troutdude
troutdude
bass
Replies
7
Views
4K
bass
bass
C
Replies
6
Views
1K
troutmasta
T
C
Replies
16
Views
5K
DirectDrive
D
Top Bottom