Borrowed motor smokes

C
Charlie_merrifi
I also put a brace between where the motor mounts and the rear bench to stiffen it up some

T
Thuggin4Life
good thinking.

S
stream2.5
the weight of a 15 versus a 7.5 is in reality about 10 lbs.... no big deal.... or if u use an 8 they are the same..... weight is a non issue..... and the added speed will be about 4 mph... also neglegible.... the difference lies in the fact the boat will do top speed with a full load versus a single person setting just right...

as for the engine trim level.... you want the anti ventilation plate AKA cavitation plate.. even with the bottom of the hull, and propeller paralelle to the bottom of the boat.... and if steering torque is excessive adjust up or down 1 notch or hole to cancel it out..... if the engine pulls right go up if it pulls left go down...

what you may find is that you get excessive steering torque and raising the engine may cancel it out but the propeller begins to ventilate and cause the engine tto rev excessivly, if that occures the propeller needs to have some cup added to hold the water against the blades so the air bubbles comming of the hull and gear case dont get around the blades the cupping is easilly done for a neglible fee at most propeller shops and honestly on a small aluminum prop it takes about 10 min..... a skilled person with a brass hammer and trailer ball can do it at the boat ramp....

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Here is the ideal trim.

C
Charlie_merrifi
Thanks. I like the camp thinking of doing that to mine

T
Thuggin4Life
I like the camo and i got matching seats just need to put them in. banged the boat up on some rocks and i f'ed the paint up a bit along one side and behind the motor. Been kicking myself ever since.

C
Charlie_merrifi
Repaint it

S
stream2.5
Thuggin4Life said:
Here is the ideal trim.

its to low in elevation but the trim angle is correct the plate above the prop should be eqal with the hull not the botom of the strake..