Bond Butte pond 4/22

plumbertom
Not a lot to report other than it was a nice day there by the boat launch.
Caught many small gills and one small, about 8'', largemouth while attempting to entice some of those channel cats I hear about.
Mostly my fault. I forgot to take my preferred catfish bait out of the freezer the night before so I was stuck with using night crawlers and cut bluegill.
I did get one strike on a blue gill head so I'm fairly certain it was a catfish. Could possibly been a turtle also as I noticed a number of them in the pond.

C
cdumitru78
Have you ever been able to get into any channel cats there before, curious where to find some of those suckers.

E
espencer757
They are in there, just hard to catch. There is a multitude of yellow bellies in there the will devour whatever you throw in before a channel has a chance to know it is there. But they are in there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

plumbertom
Have you ever been able to get into any channel cats there before, curious where to find some of those suckers.
This was my first attempt there. I have my doubts that what stuck my cut bait was a bullhead, they tend to shy from fresh dead fish heads.

E
espencer757
Oh, don't get me wrong, I could have well been a cat, I am just saying when I go the the little piranha drive me nuts. If I were you, I would just keep on keepin on. As long á they're biting you have a chance at catching. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk