Boat registration?

S
steelheader19
Well Sat I hope to buy my first boat im 17 and would like to know if I can register the boat under my name or on someone over 18

E
eugene1
I think you'll be fine buying a boat and being 17, consider yourself lucky and ahead of the curve.

Make sure to get the title for the boat when you make the purchase. Or at least a bill of sale and keep the seller's info! The last boat I bought was from a great guy in Canyonville and when I moved to CA I had a heck of a time getting it registered here. The trailer didn't have a # or license which are needed in CA. Talked to the seller and got some forms filled out and no problem.

Best,

By the way, what kind of boat??

Irishrover
Irishrover
Congratulations.....and this might help you out as well as the good advise frome Eugene1, it's the phone number to the State Marine Board. Those are the folks you register your boat with 503-378-8587. If you have any questions about what paperwork or anthing else they should be able to help you out. If the boat has a motor over 10hp you'll have to have your boaters card to operate it. Good luck lets know how it goes and post some pictures.

F
FishFinger
steelheader19 said:
Well Sat I hope to buy my first boat im 17 and would like to know if I can register the boat under my name or on someone over 18

Congrats on your wise choice to become a skipper. What are you considering buying?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent. Driftboat?

S
steelheader19
Im considering buying a 15 Smokercraft Alaskan and i do have my boaters card
thank for your replies guys

S
steelheader19
Thanks if I buy it ill post some pics..

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
steelheader19 said:
Im considering buying a 15 Smokercraft Alaskan and i do have my boaters card
thank for your replies guys

that would be a good multi-purpose boat, hope you get it!

S
steelheader19
rogerdodger said:
that would be a good multi-purpose boat, hope you get it!

I hope I do!!:worthy::worthy::worthy:

H
Hawk
I think Troutski said he used to have one of those boats before......:)

Congrats bro...:thumb:

S
steelheader19
Nope was just sold :( :sad::sad: oh well next time