Blue Lake Park?

J
jpjule
Hey there. My girl and I are planning to go out to Blue Lake Park on Sunday for a picnic and some sunshine. I am thinking about taking the ultalight with me and trying to get into some bass/trout/panfish. Is it worth my time to fish out there this time of year? Have any of you been fishing there lately? Any tips or hints would be great. Thanks to all of you.

B
bassman503
Gurthy said:
So yesterday I fished the west side of the lake for about an hour and half. Damn this lake is shallow. I texas rigged some rubber worms, and also casted out some soft jerkbaits without any luck.

I did go around 1pm, in the heat of the day, so maybe the bass were further deep. Is evening much better? Do they come into the shallows when the sun goes down? A little float tube would be perfect in this area, but from shore, it seems I'm casting into 3 feet of water no matter how far I cast.

Are personal floatation devices allowed in this area, or do you have to rent canoes?
The evening is much much better

N
newbiebutgoodie
I would C&R the bass, but is it safe to eat the fish out of Blue Lake?

G
Gurthy
Ive heard Blue lake was once called "poo lake" due to all the little kids crapin in the water. This former nickname alone keeps me from eating anything out of the lake. I catch and release anyway.

Is there parking area that can access good fishing points of the lake besides the main entrance. Paying $5 everytime I want to go fishing is a little much.

Is there access to the east corner of the lake?

N
newbiebutgoodie
I've gotten there as early as 6:45pm and not had to pay. But I'm not sure of the exact cut off time. And it's a lot less crowded then as well.

Y
yfz450guy
i want to know more about the boating regs on this lake. i know they have ski comps there so why can't i take my boat there? anybody have a answer to that?

T
Troutier Bassier
????
Its open to People Boats after Oct 31 or something like That.
Im gonna be there Tomarrow fishing for Carp on the Dock. If anyone needs anything.....

Y
yfz450guy
can take a few minutes and see if there is any signs posted with info please?
thanks.:pray:

Y
yfz450guy
Troutier Bassier said:

well, what did you find out? or did you fall in and get lost. :lol:

B
beaverfan
It is closed to personal watercraft until October 1st