Black Friday buck!

M
Mad dog
Made it out to deer camp over the holiday. My youngest son had been at camp since the friday before last, it took a solid week of hunting but finally managed to get a shot and took a smaller 4 pt. We towed the camp trailer over last thursday, first day out he passed on a fork at 35 yds, busted out a decent 3 pt. that he was tracking in the snow, then he never saw another buck until thanksgiving morning. He finally found a good patch of woods with lots of deer sign with a good deal of buck rubs so he set his treestand up there. 1st morning hunting this spot the woods came alive with deer, he had 2 spikes going at it pretty hard behind the treestand when he heard antlers clanking closer to his stand. He couldn't see the deer making the noise and was getting ready to range to 2 spikes when the 4 pt. stepped out at 20 yds! He had to wait for a shooting lane as the buck moved through the trees and brush but still wound up with a 20 yds shot. He made a perfect shot and watched the buck run 50 yds and pile up into a fir tree! He was pretty jacked up on adrenaline!!! Made his week of hunting worth it!

It was really nice to get out and camp with my boys, the oldest was able to get a day off from work and school and make the trip over from Klamath falls and join us for a day, don't seem to get much time anymore with both boys at the same time!

A couple of looks at Daniels buck. Big bodied with smaller horns, it's neck was pretty thick through....even though the deer are rutting hard they don't seem very active in the daylight hours, Daniel had to put in the time to get him!
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0558.jpg
Hauling cart and treestand.
IMG_0566.jpg
Daniel with his buck.
IMG_0568.jpg
Camp work!
IMG_0572.jpg
The meat pole!
IMG_0579.jpg

S
skunk
That's a keeper. I love how all the pics show the boy doing the work and you got the pose with the drink and all the work done. I gotta remember that when I get my boys out.

N
natro
That's a good story, and that's a great looking buck right there, nicely done.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Thanks for the camp photo's MD... its always a rush when you put in the work, and it pays off!!! Solid harvest! And theres a bonus harvest there, good eats for everyone!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
great post and pictures, thanks for sharing...

T
TTFishon
Wow, nice buck!!! Looks like a nice successful trip!

D
DB Crouper
Love the shot placement, and the light colored, frothy lung blood. Double lung shot- always the best, most humane way to kill game. Great job!

M
markasd
Nice! Thanks for sharing..

E
eugene1
Congrats to the boy and you! That thing looks thick.

H
halibuthitman
exellent! and a fine taste in bows as well, but I can tell by the fletch marks on his arrows he's practiced and done his homework.. sweet

T
the_intimidator03
thats a dandy buck, is it me or is the arrow still embedded in the buck?

T
Thuggin4Life
Looks like another sucsessful outing with your boys.

B
billfisher
Congrats Daniel, thats a Buck anyone would be proud of.
thanks for sharing Mad Dog.