Blabbermouth hole I mean OFF hole

kirkster
kirkster
No trash now

No trash now

GoneFishin2134 said:
Bravo! Very nice Chromey. I hooked a nice native about a week ago on a Rootbeer fox.

Last time I was there, I picked up a ton of trash. I am going to drag an old garbage can down there. I hate that the place turned to highway.

Theres no trash now We keep a trash bag hanging on the tree close to the deadline and it seems like every one that fishes this hole pickes up after themselves for the most part. And when the trash bag gets full and it gets tied up and the guy with the least amount of stuff to pack out grabs it and hauls it out. As far as turned highway, dude come on down if theres a ton of people introduce yourself because most of the guys are OFFers and I my self have never met a greater group to fish with. Its definatly changed from what its been in the past.

M
Markcanby
You know there has been a lot of talk on who is to blame for the trash an the dwindling public river access. I have started to feel its the state an county parks that are to blame. Recently Knights Bridge got a revamp. It was a awful place trash everywhere they they just put up 3 trash cans by the river an 2 in the parking lot an it a totally different place. I even take my kids down there now.:D

G
GoneFishin2134
Yeah Will do. I am not pointing fingers or blaming anybody. I know you guys picked up the trash. I think its great! Sorry if I stepped on some toes, I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Lets land some chrome! see you down there. I am going toss a line in there Monday.

B
bigdog
I would have to disagree with that though its not the states fault that people can be slobs. We are all adults here (well most of us) so we should be able to take the steps needed to clean up our own messes. Then for the people that don't pick up after themselfs there are us others that do it for them just like their mommy use to:lol:

The point being, we are the ones that need to pick up after us. Shouldn't need a large can that someone eles is going to come by and empty to get people to pick up and carry out their own trash. If you brought it in (most likely heavier at that time beings it was full) then you should be able to carry it back out with you.

G
GoneFishin2134
^^ Exaclty how I feel, but I didn't want to start anything. Same thing with the line. If your not losing gear your not, steelhead fishing. I get that, but why not try wading out in the Knee high river and try a little harder to get your line back? I am going to stop now......Apologies everyone, just the beer typing..

M
Markcanby
No No I wasn't saying anything about anyone maybe it was a different thread is was talk about. An I just mean that even for slobs its harder to put trash on the ground if there is a can 50' away some still will but Knights Bridge is a prime example of teh difference a trash can makes.

kirkster
kirkster
No offense taken

No offense taken

GoneFishin2134 said:
^^ Exaclty how I feel, but I didn't want to start anything. Same thing with the line. If your not losing gear your not, steelhead fishing. I get that, but why not try wading out in the Knee high river and try a little harder to get your line back? I am going to stop now......Apologies everyone, just the beer typing..

I wasn't offended at all. I just remember how the trash use to accumulate.I wanted to let you know to come on down and join the OFFers. Because since I started fishing there again just this year I have had some of the most enjoyable days on the river.