BigSteel birthday bash on the Mckenzie River..

S
Sinkline
That's the most beautiful trout I've seen pictured here on the forum all Winter! Thanks a bunch for sharing the experience!

Bye the way, you have me for an ally about using light rods. I always fish as light a rod as I can make work considering the circumstance. Love to see that rod work! :cool:

Randy

E
eggs
Haha thanks man! Yea that trout a beautiful.. and you can't beat the fight on a light weight rod.. forces you to up your skill a notch to be able to land it.

F
fishingfreak
Great post man! Nice fish! Sounds like a fun day on the water!

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like a blast. ever since i bought my boat i stopped bank angling my local rivers and started trolling the lakes. to be honest i don't even have much gear or the right setup to even fish for trout from the bank anymore. Makes me want to get back out this spring and do it right again. Glad you guys enjoyed our local river. looks like the same stretch again. should try a different one next time. to much river not enough time to see it all. You guys should have swung by for some bd beers afterwards.

E
eggs
Thuggin4Life said:
Sounds like a blast. ever since i bought my boat i stopped bank angling my local rivers and started trolling the lakes. to be honest i don't even have much gear or the right setup to even fish for trout from the bank anymore. Makes me want to get back out this spring and do it right again. Glad you guys enjoyed our local river. looks like the same stretch again. should try a different one next time. to much river not enough time to see it all. You guys should have swung by for some bd beers afterwards.
bet your ass we will take ou up on that.. and we have spare rods if you nned trout gear if you want to join us some time for a float

O
OnTheFly
Wow eggs, that almost looked like as much fun as that time you pulled in that carp with your switch rod.:shock:

E
eggs
OnTheFly said:
Wow eggs, that almost looked like as much fun as that time you pulled in that carp with your switch rod.:shock:

Shhhhh odfw/drew doesn't know they are above shears falls yet..

Top Bottom