Bethany Pond and Commonwealth Lake

N
Noahk
GerbilManBoa said:
I agree with that. They should make it a warmwater fishery. As for Bethany, I think they should keep it the way it is, I've witnessed people catching 20 - 26" rainbows out of there! Lots of times! Keep the rainbows coming for bethany. As for Commonweath, make it a warmwater fishery!
Really? 26" rainbows out of Bethany? Come on man, try and make it at least a little believable!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Hm, yeah, I've been fishing Bethany for years - the biggest trout I've ever seen out of there was about 12 inches long - and that was a hold over that managed to survive the power bait armada, and the high temperature, low oxygen water of summer some how. 26" carp? Yup. Caught a number of those from that stagnant pond - but steelhead size trout? Not from that water. Not if you laid 2 hold overs end to end. Maybe if the trout got all badass and started chowing down on bluegill or carp or bass (wouldn't THAT be an interesting turn around) - but they're not. They're eating bugs, worms, and bird poop. Trout need lots of protien to grow big - that's why big trout stomachs are usually full of smaller fish, or crustaceans - instead of bugs. Not to say big trout don't eat bugs, but it's not the center of their diet anymore. They also need cold, oxygenated water. You're not going to find much of that in Bethany pretty much between Memorial Day mid to late September.

M
Moe
Check out my new thread, it has a ton of info on commonwealth lake.

Last edited: