Bethany Lake (Pond)

M
Moe
Yeah I would love some catch and release bass fishing at commonwealth cuz its only a 20 minute bikeride away. They should make it catch and release only in ponds that small.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I used to do alright for bass at commonwealth, nothing huge. Biggest was a smallmouth (yes, a smallie) that was about a pound and a half. Caught it on the north end of the pond. THat's also where I've seen a few channel cats (plus a lot of bullhead) come from.

G
GerbilManBoa
Awesome. At bethany, The biggest bass I caught was a 4 1/4 pounder. The average size of the bass there from the ones I have caught is about 2 1/4 lbs. I typically use mister twister curl tail grubs in the watermelon color.

F
fishinmomma
You mean to tell me that at Bethany and Commonwealth you can fish all year round?! Man I wish I would have known! We can't really do much outside anyways during the winter cause of our young kids but dang it. Maybe we will see you out there soon!!

G
GerbilManBoa
I haven't been to commonweath yet so I don't know, but Bethany is open to fishing year-round. Since bethany is open year-round, I'm guess commonweath is open year-round as well, though I am not positive.

M
Moe
yep both r open all year.

G
GerbilManBoa
Nice! Maybe I'll try commonweath sometime soon! :think:

F
fishinmomma
NICE!!! Hopefully I can get out there here soon!!!

D
Deception
What kind of fish are in there, and how should i be fishing them? I went there the other day and caught nothing on lures, or bobber... besides a lot of weeds...