Bethany Lake otters?

B
Berg03
Today my girlfriend and I went to Bethany Lake to cast a few spinners. While we were fishing we saw 2 lake otters. I have been there before and never seen them. We googled it and cannot find anything about them. Has anyone else seen or heard of them in there? I am uploading a picture shortly.

B
Berg03
can't seem to get it to rotate. thats his head popping up. couldnt get a picture of his tail, but was def, an otter

Last edited by a moderator:
M
montym
I've seen them a lot of times last spring and summer. Any luck with the fishing? A little too early for everything there probably.

Cheers
M

troutdude
troutdude
RUN...It's the Loch Ness MONSTER!!! ;-)

bass
bass
I know that Commomwealth lake had them (maybe still does) so it does not surprise me. Bummer, is that Commonwealth did have a ton of bass in it but over time the otters definitely reduced that population down to a very small level. Not sure how long the otters have been in Bethany, took about 2-3 years for the otters to decimate Commonwealth.

B
Berg03
Caught 3 large mouth bass, slow jigging. none were picture quality. I was just amazed to see them in there. shocked me that i could not find a single thing on google that mentioned it.

P
Pni_fisherdude
I live across the street from bethany Lake and I have seen them there the past couple of years. Some old guy told me they came up from around Tualatin for baby making. But he could have been full of it.

F
fish4life
Are they beavers or nutria, have seen a lot of nutria in ponds.

M
Modest_Man
They're not called "lake otters". Try searching for North American river otter. My dad was attacked by one - they can be nasty.

B
Berg03
fish4life said:
Are they beavers or nutria, have seen a lot of nutria in ponds.

Was 100% an otter, i'm not asking what it was.... I just was surprised to see them in there. Every time i have gone there in the past i never saw them.
Nutria and Beavers can't stick their head out of the water like that. I do understand the picture quality sucks.