Best spinners for Coho

T
Troutier Bassier
How Bout the Second Spinner?

F
FishSchooler
Looks like a funky one. You probably could hook a coho on any, but I would get some new ones or build your own

M
Mike123
Give us a comparison like with a quarter next to the blades. Hard to tell what size they are by just looking at a pic. Those first spinners just need some TLC or rebuilding like Schooler said. But they are for trolling not casting. that second spinner would probably catch a coho if you got it in front of the right fish's nose. We need a comparison chart to know what size they are. :)

S
steelhead_stalkers
steelhead_stalkers said:
R&B's are like $2.50 a piece, very hard to beat!

here2fish said:
unless of course you buy a pair of wire twisting pliers, then there only about 1.25 or 1.50 each :cool:

Plus the cost of painting your blades or bodies! :D :cool:

Last edited:
A
adambomb
I found these at BC this morning, they were just hanging on the wall!!;)

A
adambomb
oops

oops

never mind, dumb thing wont upload that pic for some reason

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
The best coho producing spinner for me was a mepps spinner.
Size 4. I dont think It was the exat one but it was a mepps and they look pretty close together.

F
Fishtopher
Well, since TB brought it up again...

One of my buds, and member of this forum, hooked up a coho a few weeks ago on a Wedding Ring setup!

Dumb coho. Im guessing they'd bite a pop can tab.

C
Cohosanders
R&B For Sure(blue body brass blade is my favorite)
mepps flying c
vibrax
pixie(i know it's a spoon)
homemade
local
independant
& anything found :)

M
Mike123
Fishtopher said:
Well, since TB brought it up again...

One of my buds, and member of this forum, hooked up a coho a few weeks ago on a Wedding Ring setup!

Dumb coho. Im guessing they'd bite a pop can tab.

I seen a guy drift fishing a wedding ring set-up one time on the South Santiam.
He got a steelhead like 3rd cast... when me and my buddy seen what was in the fishes mouth, we weren't sure if we should laugh or take notes. :lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
I think Ill have to change mine. A Luhr Jensen Metric. That thing killed a few fish for me.

S
sts slayer
i think size 3 bluefox

B
brysageek
I have super good Luck

I have super good Luck

with the the Oregon Made Kingfisher Lures, 3/4 Lead bodies combined Hoochie and and spinner, they catch quite a few coho with them, favorite to run is pink, green for super clear water. they also have reflective tape ran up the body and a painted on eye, I find that the one with the triple bead at the head does better for some reason??? They can be $4.00 a pop and in some areas on the SW I have seen them as high as $7.50!! big favorite on the Umpqua. B*-mart I just saw now caries them.

Does anyone know what happened to the Dymara Spoons???? I have not seen them in 2 years. Those used to be pretty good.. and Don't forget blue fox!.... If anyone is looking for imitation blue fox's we get them here in Reedsport from Turman's tackle $1.50 same exact thing, wayyyyy cheaper!

B
bigsteel
mt uncle swears by daredevil

T
Troutier Bassier
Seriously? I just thought of that. Something to try for next coho season.

B
brysageek
Daredevil???

Daredevil???

Is the look kind of like a buzz bomb always looking for that next best thing wouldn't mind trying everything I can:dance:

M
Mike123
brysageek said:
Is the look kind of like a buzz bomb always looking for that next best thing wouldn't mind trying everything I can:dance:

No... it's a brand of spoon.. most refer to the longer red and white design.

I had a few on on a silver/chartreuse pixee spoon fishing the salt this year.
They really like silver and chartreuse and silver/brass and pink in the salt.

Last edited: