Best spinners for Coho

F
fishfinder
What type of spinners should buy for Coho this year?
What color works best?

Thanks
 
F
fish_4_all
Well let's see. Just about anything in sizes 3,4,5 in pink, orange, green, red beads with silver, copper, brass and colored blades in pink, red, orange and chart.

Have to find what works for you really and it does differ from river to river, at least it does up here. One river red is hot where another chart is killer and yet another pink is the thing.

Will work better to let us know which rivers and where you are gonna be fishing to get the best help.
 
M
Mike123
I honestly do not think color matters that much really..
Size 3 and 4.. 5 if the water is really ripping or deep.
Try size 4 pink with mini pink hootchie.
I think the silver blade blue body by R&B look mighty sexy! :cool:
 
H
here2fish
3s,4s and 5s orange/red orange/white red/white

and of course plain old brass
 
F
FishSchooler
The blades you make yourself are the best.
TCO's are good too, but just a bit spendy.
 
S
steelhead_stalkers
R&B's are like $2.50 a piece, very hard to beat!
 
H
here2fish
steelhead_stalkers said:
R&B's are like $2.50 a piece, very hard to beat!

unless of course you buy a pair of wire twisting pliers, then there only about 1.25 or 1.50 each :cool:
 
H
here2fish
FishSchooler said:
The blades you make yourself are the best.
TCO's are good too, but just a bit spendy.


as far as painted blades go tco is the cheapest option. not to mention the best looking stuff Ive seen.

You do have to wait cuz his stuff is HOT and everyone seems to want it......hmmmm if TCO goes public Im buying stock! hahahahah:cool:
 
F
FishSchooler
Well, for the extra UV killer addition thing, the minis are pretty darn good!
But I just dont have enough to pull out 8 bucks for a spinner if we are using preds for coho. They are cheaper than GDFs (which I have about 30 of) but GDF's are spendy too, unless you get them for 30-50 scents a spinner :cool:
 
T
Troutier Bassier
or unless you get GDFs for free by Picking them off logs at the Mouth of the Sandy.
 
F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
or unless you get GDFs for free by Picking them off logs at the Mouth of the Sandy.

What? How many have you gotten like that?
 
H
HANKIII
Blue foxes ???
 
B
buddah426
last year at cedar for coho i was next to this little old vietnamese guy who got snagged up. well he started pulling and he actually retrieved a ball of gear about 15" in diameter made up of primarily of spinners and spoons. it was classic, he started shouting "im rich im rich!" probably about 100$ or so of gear. we all got a good laugh out of it and then went back to slaying them... it just goes to show... u never know where you'll strike gold :lol:
 
F
FishSchooler
HANKIII said:
Blue foxes ???

GDF's are large spinners made by great day fishing (something like that)
They are 8-10 bucks a piece!
 
T
Troutier Bassier
12 GDFs, A bunch of Tangles Spinin Glos. a few Kwikfish. some Spinners and Plastics.
 
T
Troutier Bassier
buddah426 said:
last year at cedar for coho i was next to this little old vietnamese guy who got snagged up. well he started pulling and he actually retrieved a ball of gear about 15" in diameter made up of primarily of spinners and spoons. it was classic, he started shouting "im rich im rich!" probably about 100$ or so of gear. we all got a good laugh out of it and then went back to slaying them... it just goes to show... u never know where you'll strike gold :lol:



Same thing happened to me at Sandy, My friend got Snagged and pulled in a Few Roostertails.
 
F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
12 GDFs, A bunch of Tangles Spinin Glos. a few Kwikfish. some Spinners and Plastics.

Take some pics or you gonna say its a waste of brass? :D
 
F
fish_4_all
The only thing color wise that seems to make any huge difference is a brass blade. 14/17 coho last year were on old tarnished brass blades with the rest coming on orange blades.
 
T
Troutier Bassier
It was a waste of Brass

It was a waste of Brass

The first pic is a few of the SPinners that I found, I dont know if they are what you are Talking about, but they sold those at Joes for $8'



and the Second pic is a Spinner I got from a Friend and he got it from Russia,
He caught his first trout on That Spinner. I was Woundering if it would Work for Coho?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
F
FishSchooler
You have two GDFs (the two with black circles) and a few bob toman's, and I can't tell the others. They are pretty rusty, but unless the hooks are unrusted and sharp and the wire is un damaged, keep em! Otherwise, tear them apart, save the beads/blade/clevis/whatever and re build em!
They are too big for coho too.
 

Similar threads

F
Replies
1
Views
514
jamisonace
jamisonace
H
Replies
3
Views
128
Henry Sahuoun
H
F
Replies
0
Views
402
Fishpdx
F
sambone
Replies
6
Views
768
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
rogerdodger
Replies
16
Views
523
DOKF
DOKF
Top Bottom