Battery Charger Question

C

ceceblue

Hi All,

I have a 12ft sevylor hunter/fisher that I have decided to upgrade from just a rowboat. :) Bought a floorboard from Amazon - best price - now I need to get a motor, motor mount and battery charger. Planning on getting the Minntonka endura 30#.
My questions is, do I need a $60 charger or will a trickle charger work just fine? I'll only be taking the boat out a couple of times a month. this is the one I was looking at:
Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger: Automotive
Thanks
Cheryl

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Bigger is better,this time....

Bigger is better,this time....

Hi All,

I have a 12ft sevylor hunter/fisher that I have decided to upgrade from just a rowboat. :) Bought a floorboard from Amazon - best price - now I need to get a motor, motor mount and battery charger. Planning on getting the Minntonka endura 30#.
My questions is, do I need a $60 charger or will a trickle charger work just fine? I'll only be taking the boat out a couple of times a month. this is the one I was looking at:
Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger: Automotive
Thanks
Cheryl

While at the OFF Detroit get together,Autofisher used the larger Black & Decker charger to power his computer so SharkBait,age 3,could watch "Finding Nemo" at bedtime. I know he has used the charger several times to start cars as well without having to re-charge the charger. He swears by the thing. It is about the size of a large toaster and very sturdy. Given the choice,if you can afford the B&D or one like it,for the versatility I would get the larger charger. You can use it for so many things you might even wonder how you did without it. It is an instant jump/charge and goes forever once it is fully charged. Just my two cents worth.

R

Rickerd_457

Go to wall-mart and puck-up a $20.00 2amp charger-maintainer.
A slow charge is best for a deep cycle or standard battery's and this charger will keep your battery ready to go until your ready to go. I have been using this same charger for over 2 years and would buy another.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Wally world eh?

Wally world eh?

Go to wall-mart and puck-up a $20.00 2amp charger-maintainer.
A slow charge is best for a deep cycle or standard battery's and this charger will keep your battery ready to go until your ready to go. I have been using this same charger for over 2 years and would buy another.

Great suggestion. I'll check those out myself for something smaller to use.

H

Hawk

Fer about 7 lustrums i've recharged a hole lot of batteries with my Schauer 6amp battery charger (manual 6volt or 12volt setting).

check electrolyte level in cells.

add distilled water only to cells when needed...

Top Bottom