Bank vs. boat fishing

jamisonace
jamisonace
This is true. I considered replacing my boat with a Willie's when my boat was on the bottom of the river and I couldn't find it.

Godd looking boats and handle really nicely. I just dont like how thin the aluminum is.

S
steelhead_stalkers
We boat and bank fish. I would say that I can catch as many fish from the bank as I can from a boat. When I bank fish its on rivers that I can catch pile of fish from the bank. For instance, I will bank fish the Alsea and boat fish the Siletz. We can kill just as many on each system. Learn how to fish a few techniques consistently and it won't matter where you fish or if its from the bank or boat. Good luck.

my2labs
my2labs
I just bought my first drift boat!!!!!! It's a woody and I'm going to redraw the bottom and cost it with one of the various options. I'm also going to sand it down and repaint it. My plan is to kill it this fall. Fyi.... 16' Boat, trailer, oars $600.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my2labs
my2labs
Re-seal the bottom*
And coat it*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
pinstriper said:
A boat is nothing more than a piece of bank you can choose where to put it, and then change that choice afterwards.

That's primarily how I use my boat. I feel a boat OFFers a lot more opportunity on where and how to fish.

J
JeannaJigs
As has been said, it's just a mobile chunk of bank. A lot of the local rivers have a ton of private property that you can't access on foot...problemo solved. Besides, boats are sexy.

My boat cost me 800 bucks lol. Didn't break the bank there at all.

J
JonT
This is a real thread, eh?

D
DrTheopolis
Go fish for springers from the bank on the Lower Willy, and get back to me on the subject.

Pretty much depends where you're fishing, does it not?

EOBOY
EOBOY
Steelheader4Life said:
Yeah, but the $5,700 is just the starting price for a bare bones boat. By the time you add everything you need you're looking at $10,000 or more.

My buddies son says boat is an anogram BRING OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND!

EO

• oldtown.jpg
jamisonace
jamisonace
This is true. Boats, especially in board motorized are money puts.