Bank fishing for fall salmon

M
matt.white.3363334
Hello. Was able to catch my first salmon a few weeks ago out in the mouth of the Columbia River in my brothers boat. In 3 days i landed 5. It was awesome. Now im hooked.Lol but since I was catching em and he didn't I'm 86'd. Haha. So now I gotta find a place to bank fish. Was thinking about plunking some spin n glo's. Don't mind driving. Anyone going out this weekend? Could use a experienced fishing buddy.

Bank fishing for fall salmon

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Until it rains your chances aren't good in most of the rivers from what I hear. I think your best bet is to do whatever it takes to make up to your brother. :D

Z
zug
where you located ?

where you located ?

matt.white.3363334 said:
Hello. Was able to catch my first salmon a few weeks ago out in the mouth of the Columbia River in my brothers boat. In 3 days i landed 5. It was awesome. Now im hooked.Lol but since I was catching em and he didn't I'm 86'd. Haha. So now I gotta find a place to bank fish. Was thinking about plunking some spin n glo's. Don't mind driving. Anyone going out this weekend? Could use a experienced fishing buddy.

Hey there bud, me and my buddies do nothing but bank fish and im always looking for people to go with. Where are you located?? numbers on the slow side this year but there are a lot of awesome fishing spots. let me know where abouts you are and ill give you some spots or maybe show you some time.

Me and the wife just went this morning while kids were in school and she lost a steelhead. Buddy yesterday lost his steelhead about 2 feet from bank as well.. waiting for those coho and silvers to push in.

M
matt.white.3363334
I live in canby and work in sandy. Been fishing up by mixer in the clackamas drifting corky and yarn but nada.

M
matt.white.3363334
Lol. I'm trying with the brother. I know he'll invite me again. But I wanted to go this weekend. Is there any spots to try to cast out on the Columbia? I got a 10 ft sturgeon pole I know will huck some weight.

M
matt.white.3363334
Not mixer. I meant mciver

Z
zug
Fish on!

Fish on!

matt.white.3363334 said:
Not mixer. I meant mciver

I take kids to Mciver to fish for trout and we kill it. I see people fishing for steelies and stuff all the time there but no one ever catches anything. I fish oxbow park heavy, its awesome for coho silvers and steelies. with it being a slow run your best bet is to go to Bonneville Dam and fish near tanner creek. Plunking or cast and reel work great here and there is a fishing deadline so make sure you follow the trail down and stay on other side of yellow rocks. mouth of sandy and Columbia is good spot as well. I know a couple other good spots for bank fishing but don't want to give away all my good spots lol.. you look around my age, if you are looking for people to go with pm me and maybe we can go some time.

M
matt.white.3363334
Yeah that's all I really get there is trout. Are you fishing oxbow now?

T
troutmasta
zug said:
I take kids to Mciver to fish for trout and we kill it. I see people fishing for steelies and stuff all the time there but no one ever catches anything.

Agree to disagree, upper boat ramp is hot. Springers and summers

Z
zug
never said it was a bad spot. you are right it is good fishing just saying when im trout fishing i dont see a lot of weekend warriors catching much lol. i personally don't like fishing it because there a lot of campers, swimmers and people floating around.

T
troutmasta
I dig! Lots of kids splashing around. Sunset though by that big ol rock! Hot.
Chez?

M
matt.white.3363334
Well bummer. Didn't get to do any fishing this weekend. Had some honey dos to do. I think I'm gonna hit up oxbow after work Monday or Tuesday and float some eggs I cured.

Z
zug
matt.white.3363334 said:
Well bummer. Didn't get to do any fishing this weekend. Had some honey dos to do. I think I'm gonna hit up oxbow after work Monday or Tuesday and float some eggs I cured.

just told the wife i was gonna take a couple day break or id be going to oxbow tomorrow as well.. Funny i passed on going this morning with buddies because wife was feeling sick and they ended up pulling a nice one they threw back outa oxbow. at about 11 they wanted to try mciver ( was just talking about that earlier ) And it was crazy smoky from the fire. All we caught was a headache from all the smoke no fish :(

10675705_989917637701173_2363464852902464664_n.jpg fish they pulled out this morning.