Bag limit and size restrictions on bottom fish?

A
Alan
From the ODFW website:
  • The general marine fish daily bag limit is 5 fish, no more than 1 of which may be a cabezon when open.
  • The bag limits for lingcod (2),
my question or questions, I know Lings are a two fish limit and 22” minimum.

my questions are the first line, in general the daily bag limit is 5 fish, no ore than 1 may be a cabezon..... does the five include any lings? Five total or five black bass and two lings?

second question other than lings is there a size restriction on “general marine fish”? Size restriction on black bass?

C_Run
C_Run
Your two lings are separate. The five would include rockfish, greenling, and cabezon. Perch are separate, too. As far as I know there had been a size limit on greenling a while back but I think it was done away with. Better check. There is not a size limit on rockfish but you better know your species because some are not allowed or restricted. It can change so keep up to date. Blacks are the most common. I have not fished saltwater yet this year so maybe others (@rogerdodger) would be more up-to-date.

As far as minimum size goes on some of those marine fish, personally, I would not keep a 10" greenling or a 12" rockfish because they don't have much meat on them anyway. I kind of look at the fish and try to visualize the "dinner-for-two" potential.

Reactions: Admin
G
Gulfstream
Out of the 5 you are allowed 1 China ,copper or quillback in the limit

C_Run
C_Run
And for cabezon, you might want to check the internet before you keep any because they have had a lot of closures and it changes.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
C_Run said:
And for cabezon, you might want to check the internet before you keep any because they have had a lot of closures and it changes.

correct, Cabezon are closed until July 1, after that ODFW monitors the catch quota and it is possible that it will close before the end of the year, so by late summer, it's important to check to make sure Cabby's are still open.