Applegate Lake

T
Throbbit _Shane
I why yes i am using two rods legally. I just got back from sportswhare house where i spent about 30 bucks on steelhead gear. now i need to get my lake fiishing ass to the river :D

T
Throbbit _Shane
smokin'salmon said:
decided today was a better day to go shooting with the kids, had my 12 year old daughter shoot her first 20ga. shotgun today cute as hell but deadly with her .22 I am going to fish upper Rogue tomorrow will let you know. Oh by the way nice fish!!!

Did you ever get out to Selmac? btw i have never shot shotgun, that i remember... and Im a decade older then her lol. Hope to hear how u do, i plan on fishing it this week!! The rogue that is :D

T
Throbbit _Shane
Fished applegate lake saturday for about 4 hours with out any bites. Still had lots of fun, fished with a friend of mine and ended the day shooting the potato gun.

For my info and pictures visit the blog. link in my sig :D

S
steelhead_stalkers
You need to be my eyes and ears!! Stop fishing the lake and take your steelhead gear right below there. Some black, purple or my favorite olive hybrid micro jigs and you can catch more trout than you could dream of. Last weekend Daniel and I hooked over 40 trout from the Dam down. Lots of good water and should be a few steelhead hanging out too. Once you start slaying the steelhead pm me and I will set up camp there. :lol: :lol:

p.s. If you use micro jigs under a float at the lake you will slay some trout too and its good practice for steelhead. ;)

T
Throbbit _Shane
I just got my tags last thursday and fished Casey park by the hatchery on the Rogue. I didn't catch anything, but this guy i met saturday said he caught one just right up the road from me the same day. I plan on fishing for steelhead more, im still trying to learn how to fish rivers its all new to me, since iv fished mostly lakes and ponds.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Well you are in a great place to learn. Good luck and keep at it, once you get the hang of it you will love it and get rewarded with some nice steelhead!

T
Throbbit _Shane
I'll keep at it :D

How far up do the steelhead go on the applegate? I know a couple people that want to get to the river and fish with me. So hopefully i can learn their techniques along with fishing with jigs and spoons.

S
steelhead_stalkers
All the way to the dam. ;)

T
Throbbit _Shane
Great!! That means if i start losing a bunch of gear below the dam, i can go fish the lake for the stockers.

Ill let u know how i do. I also plan on fishing the GP area with greg soon.