Anybody trophy hunting?

O
OnTheDrop
For Big Browns in East, Paulina or Wickiup? This is usually a prime time to target them along with early season... Was at East Lake yesterday streaming and throwing large spoons ( which usually kills them ) didn't get any browns and the only fish i caught were spawning kokanee that were hitting my streamer... Beautiful little red fish tho.. Im aware that browns have eating patterns and being as familiar i am with east lake its usually about every three days they all start chompin ...im not saying you can't get a big one everyday because my biggest was around 12lbs on what i thought was the worst day of fishing . Guess i just missed them today!

S
skunk
I wish I was, didn't even make it that far when I was over there this yr. Maybe next visit.

S
steelhead_slayer
i love that lake, unfortunately i didn't make it up there this year either. for the rest of the year when i get a chance to go fishing ill be targeting steelhead.

T
TTFishon
Man, I wish I could make a trip to Wickiup but I just don't see that happening this Fall.

O
OnTheDrop
steelhead_slayer said:
i love that lake, unfortunately i didn't make it up there this year either. for the rest of the year when i get a chance to go fishing ill be targeting steelhead.

Thats a bummer, yeah i miss the steelhead and salmon like i have on the clackamas , sandy and the coast... Guess im gunna have to head to maupin!!

S
steelhead_slayer
if u do want to travel so far you can try to mecca flats in warm springs

O
OnTheDrop
Mecca flats? Could you elaborate some more? and would i need to purchase a warm springs pass? and it should be starting to heat up here soon right?

S
steelhead_slayer
you don't need a pass. head north through madras toward mt hood. when you get to warms springs take the right turn just before the river. from there a trail gives you access a few miles downstream. fishing is good from now until the closure ( i think that is part of the river that closes) at the end of the year.

Last edited:
S
skunk
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Thats a bummer, yeah i miss the steelhead and salmon like i have on the clackamas , sandy and the coast... Guess im gunna have to head to maupin!!

did you move over to central?

O
OnTheDrop
Yeah just for the school year to go to COCC.. I will be back in a few weeks grabbin some things.. Im thinking some fallies are gunna be seeing me

S
skunk
I was counting on your catch pics from e.c., hopefully I'll have some to put up this yr.

O
OnTheDrop
oh you'll be seeing some of those too : )