East Lake

PezVela

We fished East lake (the east end) for a couple days last week, and were over run with chub! What's with that? I think last year at this time I caught only one... this time dozens! I sent a note to the ODFW with a report and have heard they do have fish traps out for them, but I think the lake is in big trouble. We did manage to catch a handful of kokanee, and a couple nice rainbow, but no brown trout, and we were on the water at 5AM when they should have been in the shallows.

Attachments

• IMG_3652.jpeg
    IMG_3652.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_3585.jpeg
    IMG_3585.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_6205.jpeg
    IMG_6205.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 234
Welp! At least your chubs were bigger than the ones I caught at Lava Lake, last Friday morning. I wish that I would've remembered to kill 'em. They are a WELL KNOWN invasive specie after all (think Diamond Lake).

I lived in central oregon for 12yrs... They have been their a long time! They do (or at least used to) put traps out when they are congregated to spawn. Right before I left, they introduced Atlantic salmon to the lake in hopes they would eat the chub. I have caught one from east lake.

Has anyone used the boat ramp at the campground before you get to the lodge recently? I heard a rumor that it was kind of sketchy right now…
I have a trip planed for this weekend.

I fished East Lake (the east end) for 3 days this week, and saw several boats using that ramp, apparently with no problems. Lots of weeds around there though. And yes I did catch a few fish, but had to work for them. Did I mention there is a lot of weeds..?

Attachments

• IMG_6593.jpeg
    IMG_6593.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_6595.jpeg
    IMG_6595.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 235
Used to love East Lake. Ate my first frog there. Though my mother was gonna kroke. That was late 1940's. Was there about 20 yrs ago and boy has it changed. Used to be a one narrow dirt road in. That last time it was all paved. But did catch plenty of 8" fish!

Top Bottom