Any traditional archers here??

D
Dichrofisher
Any traditional archers here??

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
I won't claim to be any good, but I do love my stick and string. I have been shooting traditional for about 8 years, and hunting with it for the past 2 seasons.

D
Dichrofisher
TheKnigit said:
I won't claim to be any good, but I do love my stick and string. I have been shooting traditional for about 8 years, and hunting with it for the past 2 seasons.
Cool! Thanks for replying. I'm just curious, where do you hunt?

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Dichrofisher said:
Cool! Thanks for replying. I'm just curious, where do you hunt?
Typically I hunt in the woods. The neighbors are kind of fond of their cats and the city won't let me put a tree stand up.

It depends on the tags that I have. I live in the Roseburg area and typically stay somewhat close to home. I spend most of my time in the Tioga unit for elk. I will bounce around to the Melrose or Powers units as well. If I have the High Cascades deer tag, which I tend to most years, then I will go into the Dixon or Indigo units. I am headed into the Rouge unit this weekend for the high Cascades tag.

I am not carrying my bow this year for elk. I had enough points to draw a elk hunt that my Dad had been wanting to do for years, but was never able to. So this year's elk season is a tribute hunt for him.