Any steel around?

J
joesnuffy
I've heard of good fish numbers out of "Ron-Dowa" and a bunch of fisherman near Minam but haven't really heard of success rates.

Anybody know if the fish are heading up to Wallowa in numbers yet?

D
dudeone
been catching a couple a day when i go, up the river from minam. did real good today

J
joesnuffy
Nice! :clap: Lets see some pictures :)

I'm going to hike into RonDowa tomorrow morning and "hopefully" beat the croud.

D
dudeone
yeah lots of people at the park they say there not doing to well. ive been going three times a week been doing pretty good, staying away from the people works for me.

J
joesnuffy
Went to rondowa on sat. I landed one and my friend landed 3. we both lost a coule others. I'll try to post a few pics later.

D
dudeone
Was it very crowded? Ithink im going on wed.depending on money situation.

J
joesnuffy
it wasn't too bad. we left baker at 4:30am and by the time we got there, 2 rigs (6 people) were already in front of us. 15 or 20 people came down after us. We never got crouded.

D
dudeone
thats not bad sounds like you did pretty good. how longs the hike in never been in there? my friend lives up off yarrington road up on top sometimes we hike down from his property one hell of a hike though about 1200 ft down tough for a fat guy.

J
joesnuffy
it's about 3.5 miles each way along the tracks from lookingglass. rocky bumpy uneven trail. it's tough.

C
craigatkins
What are you guys using? I am new to this and am more comfortable just slingging a spinner but got the gear to do some bobber/dropper fishing. Thanks,

D
dudeone
bobber/jig

J
joesnuffy
I'm really hoping to have a chance to throw some flies at them this weekend. Hopefully the rivers won't blow out :p

D
dudeone
we caught two just about like that one today and one was also missing pectoral fin. sorry i dont have a digital camera yet. my friend is a fish biologist in central oregon and he said sometimes they clip those fins to.

J
joesnuffy
dudeone said:
he said sometimes they clip those fins to.

Are they drinking on the job? :naughty: :lol:

where did you go fishing?

H
halibuthitman
any of you guys fish the umatilla up high? seems like every time ive gone over to fish it rains or snow melt turns the river silt brown... really want to fish this river. thanks

J
joesnuffy
halibuthitman said:
any of you guys fish the umatilla up high? seems like every time ive gone over to fish it rains or snow melt turns the river silt brown... really want to fish this river. thanks

I havn't yet because of the same reason. This weather is really making things tricky.

Going back to rondowa on Sat. to try our luck again. will have 3 or 4 people with us this time...... leaving Baker at or around 4am :(

H
halibuthitman
that imnaha has been calling my name.... actually screaming it, said it would fill my truck full of gas for me too! I really need to fish some of those lonely rivers over there.... they all still fish good in march?

D
dudeone
We were fishing above minam in a couple differrent spots Joesnuffy.They could be drinking on the job:D. The Imnaha opened up a new section its on the ODFW site in the fishing reports section for NE region.

J
joesnuffy
dudeone said:
We were fishing above minam in a couple differrent spots Joesnuffy.They could be drinking on the job:D. The Imnaha opened up a new section its on the ODFW site in the fishing reports section for NE region.

good to know there are fish up there as well. hopefully i'll have a good report and some photos on monday.

D
dudeone
good luck tomorrow! :cool: i might go sunday.