Any steel around?

J
joesnuffy
we had 4 people with us today. I landed 2 fish and 1 other fish was landed. the bite was pretty slow for others there as well.

still a fun day on the water.

D
dudeone
as long as you are catching fish its always fun ! :D

S
strawberry shortcake
There were steel around but I couldn't catch any. Saw a BIG one in the cross country mouth and got so excited I ran up and down the bank watching it till it found the spill back into the main river channel. Then I realized I had forgot to put my line in to try and catch it.

C
craigatkins
isn't the river closed?

S
strawberry shortcake
Reminising about an earlier day when the season opened. Just before the season closed, I caught a glimps of another big one but it wanted none of my artificial lures.

S
strawberry shortcake
Let's see. Today is Friday the 14th. Opening day is the 22nd. NEXT WEEKEND!!!! Lock and load. Ready to the left. Ready to the right. Commence fire!

Must get my new casting reel loaded up with 4 lbs...no, make that 6 lbs...ah hell make it 8 lbs test line!

C
craigatkins
that is the attitude. Maybe you can clear up something for me. The regs say that steelhead fishing is closed, yet they also say you can catch and retain one adiposed fin clipped trout per day over 21", then they say, rainbow trout over 21" are considered steelhead when caught in streams. I am confused. does that mean we can keep a steelhead caught out of season, or does that mean that only 21" rainbows caught in lakes are allowable? Thanks for the help.

S
strawberry shortcake
I believe it means you can catch one huge hatchery trout from a stream and have it in your possession if asked to show your catch. Anything else that big will be considered a steelhead caught out of season. It's a fancy convoluted way of saying you are limited to one hatchery trout pig in your possession. White fish of course don't count because they, well, just aren't trout. And lake fish don't count.