Any new updates? 09-29-11

D
dirtbikesnguns
its been a busy week. i havent gotten out therre yet. I was skunked 5 times in a row before the stocking. Im not huge fan of fishing out of a bucket full of fish but its still fun so i might go out there today. anyone been out there lately? any luck??

H
Hendo30
I have not been out for about 2 weeks, I plan to head out tomorrow evening or Saturday morning. I am curious to hear a report if you head out. I wonder if the water level is back up at all???? I will post a report once I get it, good luck you dirtbikenguns!

D
dirtbikesnguns
thanks man, im ****in amped to go! now i just have to quit clock watching til i get off work! ill let you know what its lookin like

H
Hendo30
now you got me going! now I am sitting here at work looking at the clock. It got to be a great day weather wise. You just may have pushed me to get out this evening. Fish on!

D
dirtbikesnguns
too bad we can't get kenny ****in powers up there.

"Just like Neil Armstrong, I went to space, and now I'm back and nobody gives a s**t."

T
TimberTodd
I went out Tuesday late afternoon. I was on the water for about an hour till the wind got too strong. I took a couple of waves over the front of the Nucanoe crossing back to the dock. I counted 6 people fishing the bank. The water is actually lower than it was the last time I was out. A guy at the ramp said the lake was stocked the day before. I didn't see any fish jump. They were probably afraid of being blown onto the bank. From the bank out about 10' was muddy from the waves.
Todd

H
Hendo30
There he is, TimberTodd. Hey, thanks for the update...much appriciated. The wind is so frustrating at times, it definatley puts a damper on things when trying fish, canoe or float. Sorry you took on some waves, glad to hear you made it back to the keyboard. I will report back this weekend with what I run into. Online says there was a stocking this week 8,000 and one next week 8,000. With the water level so low and pulled to the middle makes it a challenge for us (me) bankie fishermen. Oh well, fishing is just part of it for me when I am out relaxing.

Thanks again.

T
TimberTodd
Good luck this weekend. The last I heard was the rain starting Saturday afternoon. A buddy went to Hagg this morning. I haven't heard how he did. I will post when I hear from him.
Todd

T
TimberTodd
Spoke with my buddy Don. He was with another guy in a drift boat trolling. He said they were skunked. The only fish he saw caught was by another guy who was anchored using a pc of nightcrawler and marshmellow soaked in shrimp oil. Don said this gentleman boated 3.
Todd

H
Hendo30
SOOOOOOO????? How did you end up doing dirtbikenguns? I am sure you are having so much sucess that you have yet to put the rod down? My guess is you are still out on the water:think:

D
dirtbikesnguns
yeeeeupp.. back at work again. I went out yesterday got there probably around 5ish. i usually go to the dam and fish but have been skunked there everytime. I went to this little cove-ish mudd area right psat the "c" ramp i think. Some dudes next to us pulled in 6 . one was 16inches. Before we got there. they said they were there since 11am. I heard they stocked it too...which likei said before im not a huge fan of shooting fish in a barrel, but hey, who am i trying to impress its still fun! anyway my buddy and i floated some garlic/neon green power bait off the bottom. I saw all sorts of jumping about 6-15 feet off the banks haha. stupid farmed fish im assuming. i tossed out my line on a kinda short cast, ive herd the farmies dont go too deep at first. I caught a trout about 8 inches. and that was it. only bite. only fish. the water was deff lower.. id say almost another couple feet lower. I had a few beers and a turkey sam-ich and just kicked it. i had a good time, i imagine it would be even better time if i caught a 16 inch trout. i want to go this weekend too! but i heard rain also, hopefully the idiot weatherman is wrong again like last weekend. tonight tho... JERRY SEINFELD stand up baby!! oh yeah! id kill to go fishing with jerry

T
tangov559
I was there saturday from about 5-6:30pm....it was pretty dead till last 15min or so..I was able to catch my limit in the last 15min.so overall, it was worth it in the rain and all..

H
Hendo30
Sorry guys, I didn't make it out this weekend. Thanks to all who have posted their reports. Much appricieated.

B
bernduffy
Finally returned to Hagg today Thurs 10/6. Lake is 20 feet lower since my last trip.
Water a warm 64. Very foggy, misty & overcast from 7:30am til late afternoon. Less than a dozen cars/trailers in either parking lot. Lots of trolling room. Good action on worms, powerbait, trolled lures of various types. Best response to a white/chartreuse Dick Nite and a silver Apex Trout killer, both trolled very slowly behind lake trolls and tipped with worm chunk or chart powerbait or crappie nibble. Bites and strikes galore, but as always on this lake, getting them in the boat is another matter. Must have had 20 bites, Lost two at the boat...dang , that hurts. C&R a 5" rainbow. A guy told me he saw the stocking truck and couldn't believe how many sub 8" trout were dumped in. So when you read 8000 trout be sure to add "Yeah, eventually".
I left with 2 really nice 14", a 12" and a 9". Big ones caught about 100 yards off shore south of Ramp C. Heard lots of 18" taken recently. Huge 27" 3 pounder last week. Brooders coming, soon, too. This is Hagg time!

BTW: something landed 3 feet from me while out 200 yds from shore. Unless a kid had a slingshot, I think it might have been a spent bullet from nearby hunters. Scary strange.

Last edited:
H
Hendo30
5 trout per day per person

1 bass per day per person

no limit on crappie,catfish,perch.or blugill ,have loads of fun

Thanks for the update, bernduffy. Much appriciated....Man, the water seems to be so low still.

O
ORTC
5 trout per day per person

1 bass per day per person

no limit on crappie,catfish,perch.or blugill ,have loads of fun

That's good to hear, though I like to have the reference in the unlikely event of being stopped. The regulation document states "catch limit 5 per day, and 2 daily limits in pocession" on trout. I take it to mean you can bag 2. And there is no special exception regarding Hagg on that. The only exception on Hagg is reducing the bass limit to 1 as you mentioned. So some clarifications will be appreciated.

B
bernduffy
Hi ORTC, welcome to OFF.
Daily limits (in this case trout) is five. If you are staying overnight at a lake (or moving around from lake to lake) you may only have two daily limits (2 X 5 = 10) in your possession. This keeps over-achievers (and subsistence fishers) from catching dozens of trout in a couple of days. Believe me, it can be done! Lots of people limit on kokanee at 25 a day.

O
ORTC
bernduffy/Hendo30, thanks for the clarification. Looks like I interpretated the "2" completely wrong. What you said makes sense to me.

D
Denduran87

Second this!!!
Also anyone get any confirmation on any brooders being dropped in been trying to get that info for awhile now? ODFW hasn't confirmed anything all week and still stuck on tuesday.