Any good place for bass fishing?

F
frofishing
Any good place from bass fishing? Around the portland, gresham area

R
ryan808
Check the first post you posted I replied with the mother of all maps for bass fishing in the metro area.

F
Finneus Polebender
If your out towards Gresham and have transpo you should check out the sloughs off the Columbia river on the south side of I 84, I have caught some very nice bass in them over the last couple years. Only fish them when I get stuck workin out that way but was pleasantly surprised to see little pressure and big bass!

C
c_chickens
it might help if he said..... BANK or BOAT... makes things easy.. not like he got spoon fed:pray: theres 2 ponds in rockwood area with bank fishing big bass but tuff 2 fish.. blue lake....go east on i-84 an theres tons of places..

F
frofishing
Blue lake has good bass? ( btw bank fishing)

R
ryan808
It has bass, but your best chance to get them is to hit the docks across the park which is only accessible by boat.

F
frofishing
does it have bass right now?

U
Username
Just about any pond will have blue gill and bass. Go on google maps and look for ponds.

F
fish4life14

Last edited:
F
fish4life14
Ryan808 can you send me the map that you sent him of the bass fishing in the metro area please? :).

bass
bass
I know that these are a bit out of your way, but for bank bass fishing I would recommend trying where the Tualatin river dumps into the Willamette in West Linn or in the Tualatin itself (at any of its parks).

I have not done it myself, but I have read about folks having good success on the East bank of the Willamette in downtown. I seem to recall folks mentioning the area around OMSI and around the esplanade. This would likely be an early morning bite around any rocky structure you can hit. Also, I have read about folks having good luck shore fishing at Elk Rock island. With the river as low as it is right now you should be able to get out to it. In high water it is a boat only location. Best of luck.