Any Coho in the Sandy yet??

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Good luck with no Leader!

When did I say I won't have a leader?

T
Troutier Bassier
You use a Leader when fishing with Spinnners?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
You use a Leader when fishing with Spinnners?

Im giving you too much information, you should try to read and find this stuff out yourself ;)

Use that 65 lb nice hair mainline and that 12 lb leader! ;)

P
Paul
Im going to sandy with 1,000,000,000lb test!!

F
FishSchooler
Paul said:
Im going to sandy with 1,000,000,000lb test!!

There would be no Sandy river then

P
Paul
Im just really heated at the moment.

But Im cooling down.
What do you guys usually use for mainline and leader?

A
Anyfishisfine
There be Coho in the Sandy at least as far up as Oxbow. I saw one head up through 6 or so inches of water this morning, it was pretty neat. I thought it was a dog playing in the water at first. You could also see them in the water just feet away from shore.

Now the question is.... what makes them bite?

M
Mike123
Paul said:
Im just really heated at the moment.

But Im cooling down.
What do you guys usually use for mainline and leader?

I use 8-10lb CXX mainline.
If the water is murky I use 8lb. Pline CXX cause it blends well with colored water
and is strong as HELL!
If the water is clear and fish are getting pressured I'd use 8lb CFX pure flouro.

M
Mike123
Anyfishisfine said:
There be Coho in the Sandy at least as far up as Oxbow. I saw one head up through 6 or so inches of water this morning, it was pretty neat. I thought it was a dog playing in the water at first. You could also see them in the water just feet away from shore.

Now the question is.... what makes them bite?

EGGS
Maybe the occasional spinner. :D

T
Troutier Bassier
STUFF THAT PEE-PEES THEM OFF!
Like Plugs and Spinners. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
P
Paul
Well if you land the fish and its 8-12lb coho then more power to you. Thats Great to know how to do that.

T
Troutier Bassier
Dont horse it in, Let it Run, Lower your rod when it Jumps, Etc.

A
Anyfishisfine
Paul said:
Well if you land the fish and its 8-12lb coho then more power to you. Thats Great to know how to do that.

I fish with some sort of God-mode braid that you could probably tow a car with, and 6-10 pounds on my leader. With a 9' pole light action pole and liberal use of the drag, I'm really not worried about any fish breaking me off until I try landing him. That's when it gets dicey IMHO.

M
Mike123
Paul said:

Uhm most coho are 5-7 pounds... I could EASILY land a 12lb coho on 8lb line.

Fresh native coho on the coast I bump up the size of my line though...

P
Paul
Most maybe 5-7 but I see a lot in the 10lb range.
My buddy that went with me took a 12lb home a couple days ago but that is the biggest one we have seen this year in the river so far.

A
Anyfishisfine
The problem with bigger line though is that the fish see it. The question is which causes more missed fish, breakage or spookage.

P
Paul
I guess we will find out...............
If I dont hook 1 fish the next time I go and other people around me will then its the line. If I do land even 1 fish then the spookage is just heresay.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Dont horse it in, Let it Run, Lower your rod when it Jumps, Etc.

You said you use your 65 lb line because you dont like your fish running. :think:

F
Fishtopher
FishSchooler said:
You said you use your 65 lb line because you dont like your fish running. :think:

Man, do you guys have to pick each others statements apart in every thread on this forum? Every thread I open it just happens to have you two arguing! EVERY THREAD.

F
FishSchooler
Fishtopher said:
Man, do you guys have to pick each others statements apart in every thread on this forum? Every thread I open it just happens to have you two arguing! EVERY THREAD.

Sorry... I will try to move everything to visitor messages or PMs