Any catfish here?

M
micah_man1
I'll be in the John day area mid October, and I'm hoping to do some fishing while I'm over there. Are there any good spots for catfish in the area that anyone would be willing to share?

J
joesnuffy
I don't know of any spots in the John Day area that has catfish..... maybe somebody else does.

kirkster
kirkster
If your boat fishing. Put in at LePaige park. Go upriver as far as you can by boat. Then walk upstream and fish the holes. big cats. Just be careful when hiking lots of rattlesnakes.

A
Anyfishisfine
Mgdguy took his dad to the John Day about a month ago and all they caught was catfish. It wasn't what they were after, but they are there.

F
fisherwilly
micah_man1 said:
I'll be in the John day area mid October, and I'm hoping to do some fishing while I'm over there. Are there any good spots for catfish in the area that anyone would be willing to share?

If you are in the John Day area, then you might be a ways from the mouth. In the Spray store there are some pics of some nice channel cats. Probably just fish the deep holes up that high on the river.

brandon4455
brandon4455
kirkster said:
If your boat fishing. Put in at LePaige park. Go upriver as far as you can by boat. Then walk upstream and fish the holes. big cats. Just be careful when hiking lots of rattlesnakes.

TONS of rattlesnakes. but its worth the occasional catfish and all the smallmouth. i just wear snakeboots when i have them handy

M
merryjoagnel
gud job

I alwas love cat fish.