Another great weekend on the Clackamas

L
Longleaderguy
Went 3-9 on saturday a few bright fish mostly dark........ I donated the three salmon I caught to the unfortunate ones that couldnt catch no fish........i call em charity fish......lol I did manage to catch A flick of the last and biggest one I landed...'....get out there and catch some fish...tight lines

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish bro

W
waco
Nice boot!!! You know that giving those fish to somebody else is ilegai if you didn't put them on your tag which I think you didn't or you kept more than your limit!!

J
jordanshadow
where did you catch that? Nice fish! I know in your last thread you mentioned fishing near faraday, care to share your secret?

T
TTFishon
jordanshadow said:
where did you catch that? Nice fish! I know in your last thread you mentioned fishing near faraday, care to share your secret?

Well his screen name is longleaderguy. :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. lol

T
TTFishon
I guess I'm a little late. I see this has been discussed in his earlier threads. lol

C_Run
C_Run
waco said:
Nice boot!!! You know that giving those fish to somebody else is ilegai if you didn't put them on your tag which I think you didn't or you kept more than your limit!!

I've been the recipient of "charity fish" a number of times both with friends and total strangers. The way it's always gone down is the person giving the fish away hands off the rod at some point and the recipient tags the fish on their tag. That ought to be legal.

P
psguardian
Nice pic!

I believe handing your rod with a hooked (but not yet landed) fish is legal IF all of these statements are true;
1. Both anglers have a license (& tag if game fish) for the species present in that fishery.
2. Neither angler has caught their daily limit yet.
3. The receiving angler doesn't have a line in the water at the time of the 'hand off' (or has a 2nd pole tag & is on a still water fishery).

Otherwise parents could be cited for helping their kids catch fish.

~psguardian

D
DYJ
Yup, who ever is holdin the rod when the fish is netted... I've handed fish off, but only to my wife. My friends gotta work for it themselves, lol. In fact that 33 inch Steely that I posted as her first keeper was a hand off from me.

Nice fish, long leeder.....

A
Airs98
psguardian said:
Nice pic!

I believe handing your rod with a hooked (but not yet landed) fish is legal IF all of these statements are true;
1. Both anglers have a license (& tag if game fish) for the species present in that fishery.
2. Neither angler has caught their daily limit yet.
3. The receiving angler doesn't have a line in the water at the time of the 'hand off' (or has a 2nd pole tag & is on a still water fishery).

Otherwise parents could be cited for helping their kids catch fish.

~psguardian

Hmm... #3 is a bit of a problem in many cases...