Amazing day! (graphic)

T
troutmasta
Hit the Wilson with College Kid today.. Man I love this river! BEAUTIFUL morning, mist rolling through the mountains, birds cruising.
Any way we got to "the hole" bout 6:20. To our dismay, we werent the early birds in our favorite spot. To our good fortune, the "early bird" yelled fish on at about 6:45 and I was the only bird period with a net!:D:D. So, I chased a fish in the dark for about 15 minutes with my net and when it had enough it broke the guys line. So on the walk back we sparked up a conversation and we began to fish together.

20 min of fishing in my favorite spot and the sun was coming up and I had a 26" in buck to the bank...(thought it was a coho at first in the water.. nope..)
I was using my new corkie setup I learned a week ago and after the 26" in I mixed in a little chartruese with the black.

Bout 30 min later hooked up a biggun! Fought it for a few, then handed OFF my rod to Ben. "All 4 one, baby"! He brings it in we bonk it. Buck pushing 20 pounds.

Apparently I was feeling super duper frisky and on fire day because I passed a rod to the old guy that lost his fish in the morning after that..,and to his absolute enjoyment he fought a 20+ buck for 20 min into the net.

And then I limited out with this baby... Not passing this one..

AWESOME DAY!

-I also got a new video camera. Posted a video you tube will have the link soon plus link to todays videos should be cool-

Last edited:
Reactions: Admin
S
steelhead_slayer
what a cute little guy jk. Awesome fish

jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice! Keep that mojo going for at least one more week!

T
troutmasta
jamisonace said:
Nice! Keep that mojo going for at least one more week!
Gotcha!

S
steelie_killa
hmmm...was it u that i saw down there?? i asked about the "can u keep a native question" when u guys were leaving.

T
troutmasta
That was me bud!

S
steelie_killa
hahaha...i recognize that monster fish

N
nativefish
Dude you are constantly getting after it. Hard work pays off, looks fun.

Reactions: bran_man
S
Socaaron
were you that group of four guys up on the rock? I got there around 10-11 and fished below "the hole"

T
troutmasta
That was us, sharing is great when there is a lot of fish to be caught!

Reactions: bran_man
O
orkfest
I am "That Old Guy"..My arms are trashed and rearing for more..time to figure out how to keep them fish in that hole. That afternoon I had one one at the hole, he stayed for a few min. and I must have pissed him off as he made a beeline downstream and popped off my line at the bend...

C
Chuckballs
Great job!! I was fishing the Wilson yesterday as well and unfortunately did'nt catch anything. I only had corkies and spinners to use, so maybe that was the problem. IDK the right spots on that river as well either. I'm DYING to catch a nook or two!!

T
troutmasta
Orkfest -That was a fun day sorry we couldnt land your fish in the dark.

I think the water should be great for one last go or two sometime next week. I'll post before I go. Maybe some OFFers can roll if they want and Ill show this corkie setup. Ill keep you posted.

C
Chuckballs
I'm going to try again Monday, any help would be nice!

T
troutmasta
Make sure you check the water levels online http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=pqr&gage=tlmo3 . The river is supposed to shoot up to over 8ft monday afternoon which is to much too fish Anywhere on that river. If youre gonna fish mills bridge you want it between 4.5 and 5.5 feet. If its above that but say less than 7 ft you might be able to get away with fishing some deep water holes in the backs and sides of big tailouts. I would try bottom drifting eggs or corkies if the water is moving good. Watch the river and when it starts to drop start thinking of excuses to call in sick with. Id start fishing it on the drop when It get back to 6.5 -7 feet or less.
If you do go monday and its raining good, try fishing up real high where the river has had less run OFF and the waters not all Efffed up. Good Luck.

O
OnTheDrop
Goodbye fall fishing for a lil... Winter rains have arrived

C
Chuckballs
Thanks Troutmasta!! I tried fishing around there off of that gravel bar ( right next to the parking area ) a couple weeks ago. It was packed full of people so I didn't stick around for long. Do you fish upriver from the bridge?

Last edited:
B
bran_man
troutmasta said:
That was us, sharing is great when there is a lot of fish to be caught!

That's what I like to hear!!!! I'm the same way! I always do hand offs to others around me when it's hot. It's much more fun when everyone is catching fish rather than just one guy ha ha nice work too btw! that meats is still pretty darn tasty looking!!!

Reactions: troutmasta
B
Big3d
Super congrats dude, we forgot a lot of stuff the day we went, looks like you got your mojo on the salmon! Maybe someday i'll get my wilson salmon, nice work troutmasta

T
troutmasta
Chuckballs said:
Thanks Troutmasta!! I tried fishing around there off of that gravel bar ( right next to the parking area ) a couple weeks ago. It was packed full of people so I didn't stick around for long. Do you fish upriver from the bridge?

There are a couple real nice spots slightly up river from the bridge that Ive found. All the recent fish have been caught beneath the bridge above the guide shop.