Allen fly tying hooks

I

I <3 <><

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here had every used "Allen" fly tying hooks. These sell them for a good price. Im hoping thats not because they are cheap (quality speaking) Any feedback would be great.

Thanks, I <3 <><

F

FlyBum

I was taught to always tie on Tiemco, if you can. If you got them for a good price let me know how that works out and where you got them at and how they workout! :think:

I

I <3 <><

Well, I havent bought them yet. Thats why I was wondering if anyone had used them before. Its like 6.95 per 100. Cabelas sells Tiemco's for 5.45 per 25. Seems like a good deal to me. I just want to make sure that they're not cheap for a reason. Lol

Oh and you can see all their hooks/reels/lines at allenflyfishingdotcom

F

FlyBum

Well it looks like they have the "true" black beads I've been searching for! May have to get a pack, it may be worth picking some up and giving them a shot. They sell them in 25 packs for 2.15 hard to beat that with a stick! :) If you keep snapping them off in your vise your only out a couple of bucks. But momma always says, "If its too good to be true, it probably is a piece of $hit!" LOL :)

I

I <3 <><

Hahaha, I like that saying. I got 700 beads on ebay for 5$ (Buy it now) with .50 cents shipping. But back to the subject, anyone who has used them some input would be great. $6.95 for 100, cabelas has 100 for 15$ of tiemco.

Top Bottom