Albany area night fishing

L
LJSHYE
Help please! I am trying to find a good spot to night fish for catfish. Seems that every place I look it is either posted no trespassing, or day use only. That obviously does not work so well for catfishing.

Does anybody have any good ideas where I can fish in peace without having the sheriff poking at me, or some farmer running me off with a shotgun?

T
TTFishon
Try Bond Butte Pond south of Albany. I've heard it has some large channel cats. Here's a link from google maps so you can find it.
Google Maps

L
LJSHYE
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the tip!

T
TTFishon
You shouldn't have any problems. People fish there at night all the time.

S
steelhead1
are you just looking for channel cat,or would you like to catch some bullhead?

L
LJSHYE
Bullhead too!

Bullhead too!

Both! Actually Bullhead is just fine. they are a hoot too. Tried Corvallis pond last night and it ended up being a pure wild goose chase. caught one tiny little fellow, and almost no bite after dark at all.

T
TTFishon
I think Bond Butte has both.

S
steelhead1
I have got both species at BB.We used to get hundreds at the swan lake bridge in albany.worm on a long shank hook,hang the lantern off the side of the bridge so it doesn't blind you!;)

R
ryguy
hey steelhead

hey steelhead

how do i get to swan lake bridge?

L
LJSHYE
Thanks!

Thanks!

Great idea. Thanks for the tip, and I'll be trying it out!

Y
youngbuck307
what about the portland area that you dont have to walk much???

B
bigfootfish
Bond Butte

Bond Butte

Bond Butte indeed has bullheads and channels. The biggest channel cats are at the North end of the pond, which you have to hike up to, or you could park on the northbound side of I-5 and jump the fence. Just make sure you park far enough off the freeway shoulder else an officer of the law might slap an orange sticker on your rig.

BFF

BIG BAIT BIG FISH!

B
bigfootfish
amendmend

amendmend

Of, I forgot. I know of a guy who caught a 17, 19, & 21 pound channel cat out of the North end of Bond Butte. However, he used LIVE CHUB for bait. If a game warden caught him doing such..........!

BFF

BIG BAIT BIG FISH!

Last edited: