A couple of Q's

T
tonym
I was planning to hit the North Santiam on Nov 1st for some nooks and I was wondering if I can fish on the 1st or do I have to wait till the 2nd? Also where would my best bet be?
I was also wondering where all the steelhead are? I hear they are high up on the river but what does that mean? Big Cliff Dam?

S
steelhead1
Mento park has some really nice holes,and packsaddle is a good spot to scout.There is a stretch of water from Niagara down that has some really nice holes,but you will have to do a little exploring to find the access(opposite side of the park,hint hint).Not sure about the nooks,they are usually pretty dark by the time they get up that high,so I dont target em.Good luck!

Reactions: tonym
T
tonym
You just blew my mind. I've never even considered fishing from the other side :think: Ty + rep

M
mrlindeman
The river is running up into the 10,000 cfs range recently. It is fishable in spot but is very dangerous and the fish will be close to the bank in slow holes.

T
trouthunter92
Its crazy fast right now. But still fishable I went this past Sunday morning and landed a coho on a 2/5 oz gold and orange little cleo with a pink egg cluster.