35.5 pound Nookzilla :D

B
bran_man
Got to the spot just at legal light, and only one other guy on the jetty. so started hucking out hardware and after only like an hour, tick tick.... Bury! FISH ON! I fight it for a while until my wife can get down to me so I can hand off the rod to her because she has never caught a fresh salmon. So I made it a personal goal to get her a big fish this year(she's only really caught trout). After about 15 minutes and getting really really close to getting spooled, finally Got this 35.5 pound pigzilla buck. One heck of a first fish to put on a tag! :D after that we decided that was plenty enough fish for us so we headed home. Even though I did a lot of the fight, the smile/accomplishment on her face was one of the best things I've ever seen. Made a great memory today that I hope I will remember for many years!

Me with the hog right after netting:
IMAG0582.jpg

My wife with our "team effort" catch. That smile is what its about! :D
IMAG0586.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Irishrover
C
ChezJfrey
Nice! That is a beast!

B
bran_man
PS. A couple little bonus notes: funny thing was as soon I hooked up, I said it felt like it was a smaller sized fish! Ha ha. I think the fish didn't really realize that it was hooked yet until I actually handed it off to my wife. As soon as I handed it off is when it it started to run and almost got spooled. I took the rod back and fought it back to a more comfortable fight for her.
Note #2: as soon as we landed it and got to see how big it actually was, I was hollering and screaming all over! Everyone in the bay heard me I'm sure ha ha

R
rum runner
i can't wait to get out and start getn into fish!

T
TTFishon
Sweet fish dude!!!!!

B
bran_man
Thanks guys! Was a very fun and thrilling experience.

M
Mad dog
bran_man said:
PS. A couple little bonus notes: funny thing was as soon I hooked up, I said it felt like it was a smaller sized fish! Ha ha. I think the fish didn't really realize that it was hooked yet until I actually handed it off to my wife. As soon as I handed it off is when it it started to run and almost got spooled. I took the rod back and fought it back to a more comfortable fight for her.
Note #2: as soon as we landed it and got to see how big it actually was, I was hollering and screaming all over! Everyone in the bay heard me I'm sure ha ha

Nice fish!!!

I don't know how many times I've had big chinook do that.....Hmmm, feels like it might be a jack! Swim right at the boat and then all hell breaks loose!

P
plumb2fish
Great fish Brandon. Even better it was off the rocks....looks like they may finally be showing up in decent numbers...just a little late like the springers

B
bran_man
plumb2fish said:
Great fish Brandon. Even better it was off the rocks....looks like they may finally be showing up in decent numbers...just a little late like the springers

Thanks! Yeah found out when I got home that an old friend of mine was out there too with nwk and he caught a nice 15 or so looking pounder this morning too. They told us a couple others also landed on the banks. Sounds like they def are coming in. Have you been out at all lately?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
sweeeeeeeeeeet

T
Throbbit _Shane
Sweet fish dude!

Way to go on getting the wife into a nice one!

A
azbohunter
Very nice looking fish, if your wife wasn't hooked I am sure she now is!

R
RLK
Awesome first big fish, and her smile shows that. Great job. Spot looks familiar Is that the Ump?

A
alm21
:dance: :clap: Awesome!

E
eugene1
awesome!

J
JeannaJigs
great post!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Great post thanks for sharing the story, it put a smile on my face. I like fishing with my wife too, lots of fun. It looks likes Marilyn Monroe is trying to get a peak at that fish too.

J
jabs67
Sweeeeeet Fish!!!!!!!! :clap:

B
bran_man
Irishrover said:
Great post thanks for sharing the story, it put a smile on my face. I like fishing with my wife too, lots of fun. It looks likes Marilyn Monroe is trying to get a peak at that fish too.

Ha ha thanks a lot! Yeah Im glad that I didn't get that shirt messy, its one of my fav. shirts ha ha. My waders got super nasty though! COMPLETELY covered and slimed! Ha ha it was a great trip

D
dtikey
nice fish Brandon and same to your wifey way to pass it along