23 lb common

J
john montana
haven't scouted it...but i got some intel from a few guys i know. i have never seen an 8 inch carp! i hope i find one this weekend.

F
frofishing
Hey John, great fish you got there. I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor...... there is this top secret Carp fishing spot with tons of carp that is your and could you give me a hint where it might be?

V
Van
frofishing said:
could you give me a hint where it might be?

:lol: Good luck. Folks have been nagging John for years on the location of his spots. He is tight lipped about it too, with good reason.

There is a ton of carp water around our state, they are easy to find you just have to get out there are look. Sauvies Island would be a good place to start.

J
john montana
Every bit of water connected to the river has carp, and the river itself (both the Willamette and Columbia) are full of carp. Bans suggestion is a good one...tons of carp water on sauvies island. Good luck!

M
MikePierce170
Also, the Japanese Gardens have a few big carp too ;)

I
igquick
john montana said:
Should be fun! The best prize is for the smallest carp, so I will have to adjust a bit. I don't know the water at all, so I am at a big disadvantage there. The smallest carp wins an Orvis Helios 8 wt...not bad. Second smallest fish wins an Orvis Access 8 wt. they are also giving put a couple of reels...I am after the smallest carp if I can pull it off!

game...set...match

this fished weighed 9999999 micro ounces to be exact

I don't want a fishing rod, I want a secret fishing spot!!!

F
frofishing
can you fish at japanese garden???????

I
igquick
F
frofishing
can I???

I
igquick
No u can't....but a new favorite river river of mine is the willy...they got tons of fish in there and theres good bank access u just got to go look at it on google maps for the parks....and there r some big fish...when I first got there I quickly saw a spawned out steely....within an hour I lost a huge carp but made up for it by catching a lot of 2 lb squawfish

M
MikePierce170
Damn igquick. Why did you have to ruin all the fun? I had a great mental image of him all geared up with a fishing rod and net asking where he can drop a line haha.

I
igquick
Thats so messed up but funny at the same time....lmao can u imagine how much trouble he would get into if he started banking a bunch of koi?...next inside joke I wont say a thing...but hey they let u go carp fishing inside of kings buffet on 82nd cuz they got a carp fishery there cuz they r overpopulated in the pond inside

F
frofishing
ahha I would of went! xDDD