2011 opener does not disappoint !

C
colbypearson
SwimbaitBassin said:
.In a couple of the pictures you can see the bait hanging outside the bass's mouth. Looks like swimbaits to me

Looks like an Osprey or a 3:16 line through...nice fish..i live in Springtuck would love to check out your pond sometime..i have a 10.5 ft "basstender" that works great on small ponds..

its a 3;16

F
Finneus Polebender
H
Hawk
Those are beautiful Lunkers Bro's
Great Job :clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool:

S
SwimbaitBassin
Finneus Polebender said:
That could be arranged some time providing you can play by a few rules . I am out of town for a couple more weeks workin hoping to be back here fishing often by feb 1 will drop you a PM when I get back and set up a fishin day.

Sounds great: i also have a full size Ranger bass boat i would return the favor by taking you to the lake in.

F
Finneus Polebender
SwimbaitBassin said:
Sounds great: i also have a full size Ranger bass boat i would return the favor by taking you to the lake in.

Hear the lake is where the big swim baits will catch monster bass.

F
Finneus Polebender
Hawk said:
Those are beautiful Lunkers Bro's
Great Job :clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool:

Thanks dude look forward to a good bass season this year !

T
Thuggin4Life
Some very nice bass!

T
Team CF
Throw massive suspending jerkbaits this time of year, they can yield some big results. I am getting excited for bass just waiting for the lakes to clear up a bit.

N
nwkiller
wow nice fish guys

F
Finneus Polebender
Team CF said:
Throw massive suspending jerkbaits this time of year, they can yield some big results. I am getting excited for bass just waiting for the lakes to clear up a bit.

Have heard tell of these jerk bait things of which you speak am strictly C&R pm me with type and any pointers would like to try them. Especially interested in suspended baits @ aprox 20-30 ft deep Idea!

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Have heard tell of these jerk bait things of which you speak am strictly C&R pm me with type and any pointers would like to try them. Especially interested in suspended baits @ aprox 20-30 ft deep Idea!

i dont think you can get a bait that suspends in 20-30 you could possibly mod a dd 22 to get about 20 feet on a really long cast and suspend i think thats about the only bet unless you really wanted to put some strategy into it haha

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
i dont think you can get a bait that suspends in 20-30 you could possibly mod a dd 22 to get about 20 feet on a really long cast and suspend i think thats about the only bet unless you really wanted to put some strategy into it haha

I was told that the key to my big pond is to fish it deep. I have marked spots at 48ft most of the middle is 20-35 ft. Would they be jig fishable at that depth ? thats the other way I can figure to fish that deep other than drop shot rig .

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
I was told that the key to my big pond is to fish it deep. I have marked spots at 48ft most of the middle is 20-35 ft. Would they be jig fishable at that depth ? thats the other way I can figure to fish that deep other than drop shot rig .

oh ya anything can be fished that depth really you know theres ways to do it, lighter more sensitive line or braid and so on, you can fish big football jigs or hula grubs that deep easily i have even fished small finesse worms on darterheads as light as 1/8oz in depths that deep and even greater, take into consideration these are largemouth were dealing with and really deep for largemouth in my book is 20' as a solid depth they really dont get too much deeper than than unless you have really steep banks the move up and down onn or intense heat or even cold im sure it depends on conditions with all bass fishing but i wouldnt go out there in those depths without graphing fish or some promising structure (not saying they dont) but largemouth especially the big ones will be where the bait is if its bluegill normally shallow, if its trout off of points or other protruding structure off of deep water waiting in ambush, you might try draggin a big carolina rig through there you can even fish a swimbait in that depth i will show you how to fish that depth for big bass its something i do quite frequently

T
tomriker
when are you coming up to fish our little places colby?

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
when are you coming up to fish our little places colby?

as soon as the chance presents itself and everything works out, hoping maybe march and then again some time during the spawn/post spawn :D im stoked though thats for sure

T
tomriker
will your mom let you come this time:lol:

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
will your mom let you come this time:lol:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha it was too short notice last time i guess lmao :lol::rolleyes::doh:

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha it was too short notice last time i guess lmao :lol::rolleyes::doh:

Will have ya show me the method then, can't wait to see you head long into TRs place sooooooo much water this should be vid worthy ! Just depends on the ol weather hoping for a bit nicer spring this year

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
oh ya anything can be fished that depth really you know theres ways to do it, lighter more sensitive line or braid and so on, you can fish big football jigs or hula grubs that deep easily i have even fished small finesse worms on darterheads as light as 1/8oz in depths that deep and even greater, take into consideration these are largemouth were dealing with and really deep for largemouth in my book is 20' as a solid depth they really dont get too much deeper than than unless you have really steep banks the move up and down onn or intense heat or even cold im sure it depends on conditions with all bass fishing but i wouldnt go out there in those depths without graphing fish or some promising structure (not saying they dont) but largemouth especially the big ones will be where the bait is if its bluegill normally shallow, if its trout off of points or other protruding structure off of deep water waiting in ambush, you might try draggin a big carolina rig through there you can even fish a swimbait in that depth i will show you how to fish that depth for big bass its something i do quite frequently

Thats funny because thats where I am marking fish is on the drop offs at 15-20 ft just off the bottom

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Thats funny because thats where I am marking fish is on the drop offs at 15-20 ft just off the bottom

that is hot prospects right there.... we will have to give that a thorough lookin through.... were thinking maybe late feb-march but still TBA