14MM beads?

G
GDBrown
I've been looking for some larger beads to use in fishing for steelhead. something in the 12-14MM size. I don't see any in the stores and I haven't seen any online yet. Any suggestions?

GD

troutdude
Maybe your local craft store? Or, tell me the color and I'll see if they have some where my sister works. It's a bead/jewelry shop in Corvallis.

brandon4455
gene,google trout beads and you should find the trout bead website. EDIT: randy beat me to it :lol:

L
Lamzy
I purshase all type of beads at Jo-Anns fabrics. There are two stores in Hillsboro
KiltedBob

G
GDBrown
Thanks, I think I found a source. They sure want an arm and a leg for a few beads on some of those sites!

F
fish_4_all
I like trout beads for spinner making. I only have 8mm and 10mm but they work great and have caught quite a few fish on them. Hard to find a good colored clear bead.

H
halibuthitman
6 and 8, sometimes 10mm but I have never had good luck with a bead bigger than 10, your gonna hang up all day with a 14-

M
metalfisher76
I know a guy that uses `em and we missed fish after fish with em. Not sure if it was his lil hang back/down method with the hook 2" away from the bead or the HUGENESS of the bead. Not really caring to find out.... I have some 12`s for big/colored water, never have thrown `em. I go yarnie if I need somethin that big.